Shapes and sizes.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different types of swirls can be obtained with different types of molds, so it really doesn't seem fair to say one mold is better than the other if you want to try the various swirling techniques for both molds.

The size of the soap from the loaf mold can be changed depending on how you are cutting the soap and how full you fill the mold, making it closer to the same size soap. But if you are using a multi-bar log cutter with the 1" markings, they would still be only 1" thick. I am not one to like 1" bars either, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do and buying a new log cutter just to get thicker soap might be an expense you are not willing to expend.

But if you want to choose based on sales potential, speed of production and to have a uniform size for packaging purposes, I'd say the slab mold would be a better choice. UNLESS, you can alter your recipe and cutting method for the loaf mold so that they come out roughly the same size as the ones in the slab mold. Then I'd say use both.

But if you want to choose based on sales potential, speed of production and to have a uniform size for packaging purposes, I'd say the slab mold would be a better choice. UNLESS, you can alter your recipe and cutting method for the loaf mold so that they come out roughly the same size as the ones in the slab mold. Then I'd say use both.
Good suggestion! :thumbs: I use both -- I cut the loaf mold soaps to match the slab mold soaps.

Latest posts

Back