Second Try at Lavender Flowers

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

BrewerGeorge

Reaction score
After I overheated my first try at using the silicone molds, I tried again. Here are the results. I'm pleased enough. They're pretty big, but will be mostly decoration, I'm guessing - knowing the people who will get them as gifts. I'm sending some of the same soap as guest bars that I hope they'll actually use.

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Those turned out lovely! I'm sure the receivers will love them!

doriettefarm

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Nice job BG! They look like Sugar Plum Flowers to me . . . must be the glitter :)

BrewerGeorge

Reaction score
Amazon. One of those pay nothing and wait 3 weeks for delivery from China deals. Honestly, they're awfully big for soap. That's a quarter sheet pan they're sitting on. I bet they're 5 or 6 oz bars. Real handfulls.

Here it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

McGraysoldtowngifts

Reaction score
Very nice color I love the way they blended together.

a little off topic but Did you have any issues with release from the molds. The reason I am asking is I am experimenting with Liquid latex making my own molds. Did you have to use anything to help with the release of the soap from the mold like petroleum jelly ?

Todd

dixiedragon

Reaction score
When I use my silicone molds with lots of delicate detail, I grease them with a little mineral oil, and after the soap is about a day old, I put it in the freezer. (usually for a day or more b/c I get distracted and forget it's there.) I run some hot water over the mold and pop them out. I only do this to preserve the fine details - it's not necessary in plainer silicone molds.

Latest posts