Second Try at Lavender Flowers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerGeorge

Reaction score
After I overheated my first try at using the silicone molds, I tried again. Here are the results. I'm pleased enough. They're pretty big, but will be mostly decoration, I'm guessing - knowing the people who will get them as gifts. I'm sending some of the same soap as guest bars that I hope they'll actually use.

15%2B-%2B2

Amazon. One of those pay nothing and wait 3 weeks for delivery from China deals. Honestly, they're awfully big for soap. That's a quarter sheet pan they're sitting on. I bet they're 5 or 6 oz bars. Real handfulls.

Here it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice color I love the way they blended together.

a little off topic but Did you have any issues with release from the molds. The reason I am asking is I am experimenting with Liquid latex making my own molds. Did you have to use anything to help with the release of the soap from the mold like petroleum jelly ?

Todd

When I use my silicone molds with lots of delicate detail, I grease them with a little mineral oil, and after the soap is about a day old, I put it in the freezer. (usually for a day or more b/c I get distracted and forget it's there.) I run some hot water over the mold and pop them out. I only do this to preserve the fine details - it's not necessary in plainer silicone molds.

Back