Rant... Thoughts welcomed.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's certainly not going to hurt her but she's also not testing out really well cured soap to be able to give an honest opinion. Cured soap is sooooo much better than newly made soap. Especially Castile.

I think you covered your bases. Maybe if the situation arises in the future you could put a note or something on the packages. "Do not use until 1/15/2016" or whatever.

So, I'm curious what your thoughts would be on this...

I made several batches of soap early this year (around February). Soon after, I met up with someone that I only see like once a year. They wanted to try the soap, and since I wouldn't be seeing them for a while I gave them some sample bars. I let her know certain bars were only a couple weeks old, and she should wait to try those ones. One of which was a castille, which I told her to hold off on trying that one a few months down the road. I just verbally told her this, I didn't write it down.

Literally a week later, she emailed me her "reviews" of the soap, including the castille ("it's really slimy, I didn't like it"). So, in this situation, was I the bad soaper since I gave her the insufficiently cured soap? Or since I did verbally tell her to hold off, would I be considered "not guilt"?
At times we end up sending out soaps that are to "early" after confirming with the customer is it okay. I always put a "New Soap instruction", on the soap. Some really do not mind just getting to smell the soap while it finishes curing out.

I made several batches of soap early this year (around February). Soon after, I met up with someone that I only see like once a year. They wanted to try the soap, and since I wouldn't be seeing them for a while I gave them some sample bars. I let her know certain bars were only a couple weeks old, and she should wait to try those ones. One of which was a castille, which I told her to hold off on trying that one a few months down the road. I just verbally told her this, I didn't write it down.

Literally a week later, she emailed me her "reviews" of the soap, including the castille ("it's really slimy, I didn't like it"). So, in this situation, was I the bad soaper since I gave her the insufficiently cured soap? Or since I did verbally tell her to hold off, would I be considered "not guilt"?

I hope you reminded her that you said to wait! It's on her, not you......

Some people dont read. Because its soap, they think they know how to use it. I had some one once almost laugh in my face because I had instructions. I would just be nice, thank her for the feedback and let it go. No matter what, I will not have a next time.

Back