DecorRom Soap Colorant

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireside

Reaction score
Has anyone used this stuff? I got it at an estate sale. It belonged to someone who was obviously a serious soapmaker, judging by all the soapmaking equipment and supplies at the sale, as well as the large quantity of soap. That made me think that if a serious soapmaker had this colorant it must be ideal for coloring soap. And drops have got to be easier to use than any kind of powder! So I bought it (for about a dollar). But I can't find much online about it. The DecorRom website is useless (and not secure). I haven't seen anything on this forum about these liquid colors. And soap suppliers certainly don't offer it. The only information I have is what you see in the pictures.

I've used it a couple times, mostly recently the "Grape" and "Lavender" colors, neither of which looked anything like grape or lavender in my soap--either initially or after curing.

So I'm just wondering if anybody out there is familiar with this and if you think it's okay--based on the ingredients--to use in cold process soap (notwithstanding the fact that it may or may not produce the color I'm after), or if I should just get rid of it and lament the loss of my dollar. Thanks!

1691692343067.png
1691692424790.png

From what I can tell from their Amazon store they do not specialize in soap colorants so all you can do is test them. Personally, I would probably toss them and use what I know is dependable. Just because this person had a lot of supplies and/or equipment does not really indicate how much or quality soap they made and buying colorants from Amazon would make me question their experience.

a lot of supplies and/or equipment does not really indicate how much or quality soap they made

Ha! You're right! Looking around my place I see a lot of soap sitting around, which might lead someone to believe that I'm a serious soapmaker but here I am asking about colorants. I figured for a buck, I'd get the stuff and see what I could find out about it, which, as I've mentioned, isn't much.

I'm hoping some of the chemistry whizzes out there will chime in on whether the ingredients listed are suitable for use in soap. Anyone?

Latest posts

Back