Random Picture thread (non-soap)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. We will do our turkey dinner today. Look what has also arrived! IMG_1854.jpg Feels more like Christmas!

Who's the guy on top? Too preppy for my tastes, but if he bought me dinner first I wouldn't say no.
LOL - Superman!!!!
Henry Cavill. He was also in The Tudors. He's from Jersey (the country, not NJ the state) He's so yummmy... The 2 of them, believe it or not, are very very good friends.

Did my nails last night all by my wee little self:
IMG_5127TokyoTwinkleFrenchManicure11162018Resized640.JPG

I normally don't wear nail polish (such a time consuming hassle for me, plus I hate the smell while putting it on), but after going to a Color Street 'nail party' with my SIL last weekend where I was introduced to the concept of dry, press-on nail polish, temptation got the better of me and I ended up buying 4 sets, lol, one of which you see above. I really like how it came out! Very autumn-like! Now to see how long they will hold up. They say 10 to 14 days. Here's hoping!

IrishLass :)

Now to see how long they will hold up. They say 10 to 14 days. Here's hoping!

Irish Lass, I think you will find them to be quite long lasting - I am not a Color Street consultant, just a huge fan. When I was wearing them religiously I would change them every two weeks out of boredom rather than necessity. I have to get back to wearing them again (I got lazy and forgetful, it just hasn't occurred to me to do it while I'm watching TV, usually 5 minutes before I fall asleep my brain will remind me that I haven't done my nails in forever...) The only reason I stopped wearing them was because I was working on stripping a piece of furniture, and it would never fail that my gloves would break and the stripper would dissolve my nail polish.

Irish Lass, I think you will find them to be quite long lasting - I am not a Color Street consultant, just a huge fan. When I was wearing them religiously I would change them every two weeks out of boredom rather than necessity. I have to get back to wearing them again (I got lazy and forgetful, it just hasn't occurred to me to do it while I'm watching TV, usually 5 minutes before I fall asleep my brain will remind me that I haven't done my nails in forever...) The only reason I stopped wearing them was because I was working on stripping a piece of furniture, and it would never fail that my gloves would break and the stripper would dissolve my nail polish.

I think I've become a huge fan, too! :) It's day 5 since I did my nails, and they still look fantastic! I just found out the other day that the company behind Color Street is called Incoco, and they sell the same exact nail strips retail (same formula, though the designs may be different) for half the price of what Color Street sells them for! They are sold under the brand names of 'Incoco', and also 'Coconut'. Ulta sells the Incoco strips (16 to a pack, just like Color street) for between 5.99 and 7.99 depending on the design, and Walmart of all places sells the Coconut strips and the Incoco strips. Unlike the Incoco strips, the Coconut strips have less strips per box (10, I think) and they have kinda cheesy-looking designs on them -more like something a tween would like to wear. In comparison, the Incoco strip designs are every bit as classy looking as the Color Street designs. I was finally able to make a run down to my local Walmart today and I bought 3 packs of the Incoco strips for $6.88 each. Two different kinds of their French manicure sets (one has white tips, the other has silver glitter tips), and one called 'Invite Only'. Those were the only 3 designs they had in stock. They had twice as many of the Coconut designs, but they just weren't to my taste. A YouTube video I was watching by a Color Street rep said that they're supposed to be phasing out their retail contracts by the end of 2018 and once the stores run out of their stock, it won't be restocked, and then they'll just be sold exclusively through Color Street reps via direct marketing at the higher price. Bummer! I suppose we should buy them retail while we still can! I ended up also buying 4 designs from Ulta online. They have 18 designs of the Incoco Nail Art designs and 8 of the solid colors.

Thanks for the heads up IrishLass. My nails are always a mess, but my DIL will love these. I will pick some up for her while I can, and probably save them for a stocking stuffer.

Back