Random Picture thread (non-soap)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My shamrocks are in bloom!
IMG_5136ShamrocksBlooming11262018Cropped640.JPG

I suppose we should buy them retail while we still can! I ended up also buying 4 designs from Ulta online. They have 18 designs of the Incoco Nail Art designs and 8 of the solid colors.

IrishLass :)

Sweet! I always wondered about the strips at WalMart. Years ago I tried something that Sally Hansen had done, but they trashed my nails. I was gun shy to try anything sold in department stores after that. Now I know which brand to look for! at least until they're gone...

Ah Freddie, you were taken from us too soon.
Rolling Stone didn't appreciate him so much. They used to slam him in record reviews. Granted there were some stinkers, but still... What a talent!
Will definitely see the movie. Have heard good things about it.

That is a good pic of Freddie :(
Did you go see the movie? We are soon but have not made a plan yet

Ah Freddie, you were taken from us too soon.
Rolling Stone didn't appreciate him so much. They used to slam him in record reviews. Granted there were some stinkers, but still... What a talent!
Will definitely see the movie. Have heard good things about it.
The pic was on taken during one of his last "public" appearances when he did the video for "These are the days of our lives" It was the last time he was ever on camera. I believe after that time in the recording studio (in May of '91) was the last time he left his house.

Here is my take on the movie - It was a great MOVIE. It was by no means a biopic, a documentary or anything other than pure entertainment based on a true life story. The timeline - throughout the entire movie from the time Freddie met Roger and Brian - to the end of the movie - Live Aid, 1985 - is completely and utterly not in sync with when and how things happened.
Almost everything that is in the movie however, did happen at some point, just not when and how they portrayed it.

With all of that being said, as I said in my first line, it was a very good movie.

Freddie has always and forever been one of my favorites. I used to watch/read anything I could on Freddie all through my life practically. I remember watching Live Aid on my TV, and I watched the documentary with Brian and Roger in 2011, Days of our Lives about Queen/Freddie.

My niece and nephew (27 and 21 respectively) went and saw it at least 2 to 3 times. Obviously, they loved it. lol After seeing it the first time, they looked up the facts online to get the scoop of when and how things really happened, which I'm glad they did, and then they went a few more times because of how much they enjoyed the music.

My sister saw them live in concert in 1977 on their News of the World tour and saw them perform We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions at that concert, so I at least know from her glowing blow-by-blow description of the concert that she gave me afterwards that the part of the movie in regards to them singing that song at Live Aid was way out of the realm of reality. lol

I have not seen the movie myself, and don't know that I want to simply because of the liberties they took for the sake of drama/plot points/and time constraints. I can't help it- I'm just so persnickety about dramatic liberties taken in any movie based on true events, especially when it comes to events for which I've been around to observe/experience in real life.... and especially when the truth is so much more interesting.

I really enjoyed watching the documentary on Queen that the BBC filmed a few years back, though. Freddie was soooooo amazingly talented, it blows my mind. It's very sad his life was cut so short.

I'd say I'd go see it for the music, but we've got almost all their albums at home and can listen to them at any time.

We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions at that concert, so I at least know from her glowing blow-by-blow description of the concert that she gave me afterwards that the part of the movie in regards to them singing that song at Live Aid was way out of the realm of reality. lol
They did perform those 2 songs at the Live Aid concert. They were the last songs of the set.
In fact, the only accurate part of the entire movie as far as actual timeline was the Live Aid concert set they did in the movie. LOL

especially when the truth is so much more interesting.
Everything that was in the movie was the "truth" so to speak, meaning, it did actually happen, just not in the time frame the movie portrayed it to have happened.

I wish they would have expounded more on his relationship with Mary Austin, and how close they actually were. She really was his one true love and the love of his life!
They did put in the movie how Freddie would call home and ask to have the cats be put on the phone so he could hear them meow and they could hear his voice. LOL That part cracked me up. I knew he LOVED his cats, and was a 'crazy cat lover' but I didn't know he actually called to talk to them while out on tour. haha

They did perform those 2 songs at the Live Aid concert. They were the last songs of the set.

I probably should've worded what I said better :)- what I meant to say is that although it's true they sang it at Live Aid, the movie made it seem as if We Will Rock You was a new composition and that Live Aid was the first time they had ever performed it live, when in actuality it wasn't new and they had been performing it live since 1977.

I probably should've worded what I said better :)- what I meant to say is that although it's true they sang it at Live Aid, the movie made it seem as if We Will Rock You was a new composition and that Live Aid was the first time they had ever performed it live, when in actuality it wasn't new and they had been performing it live since 1977.

Ohh, ok yeah, gotcha, they sort of did do that.
They also said that the band had not played together in like a year right before Live Aid, when that actually didn't happen until later. They had been touring for about 18 months before Live Aid, so there's that.
His diagnosis also didn't come until 2 almost 2.5 years after Live Aid, and he then didn't tell his band mates until almost 2 years after that, but to make it into the movie they put his diagnosis in right before Live Aid. (That DID irritate me because there was no reason for it to even be a part of the movie if they were going to end the movie in 1985, especially when the world already knows how/why he passed)

Sorry, I can talk about Freddie all day and not get tired of it. LOL I know which documentary you were talking about (same one I mentioned in my earlier post too) and you are right, it's a very good and well done documentary.
My deal is, I'm not so much a "Queen" fan so much as I am a "Freddie as frontman of Queen", fan. I wouldn't be able to tell you the first thing about Brian May or Roger Taylor, and even less about John Deacon - other than their names - but can tell you almost everything about Freddie... I LOVE(d) him so much. Always have. Always will...

I went and saw it the week after it started, not a queen fan but listening to the music on the big screen was great, that's why I went, listening to it at home is not the same. Dh is the queen junky, he grew up with it, but didn't want to see the movie.

Watched "Queen BBC Documentary " on Youtube last night. It was like an hour long, got to watch it on the big TV

Random Picture...... My coop is dark on the inside, so with Winter here and no light till close to 6:45 and dark at 4 I put on some lights with a timer so they can wake up before the door opens and in to eat before it closes. Auto door ;)
Since it is the Holiday season and these LED lights have no heat, I feel better/safer about it.

IMG_20181126_151100894[1].jpg

IMG_20181126_151117357[1].jpg

FYI, those cords are tired up, in 2 places so they are secure :)
The Silver plate in the bottom of the 1st pic is the top of the auto door.

Last edited:
Beer pong "party" in our garden, care of my sister and her girlfriend
_20181130_013950.JPG

I only went out to take a pic coz my mom was like. . What's beer pong?

Dh is the queen junky, he grew up with it, but didn't want to see the movie.
I can understand that. I was very apprehensive about seeing it. These type of movies are usually at best just "okay" if they are well done, and horrible if not - I knew I'd at least like it a little bit being such a Freddie fan, but I really didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. (Even with the timeline all jacked up) It was very well acted, and the actors they got for Brian, Roger, and John Deacon were SPOT ON! They really did a good job getting the essence of each person right, especially in the looks department. Even more so than Rami was as Freddie. (Rami was too short IMO, but they did do a good job in transforming him)

Ohh, ok yeah, gotcha, they sort of did do that.
They also said that the band had not played together in like a year right before Live Aid, when that actually didn't happen until later. They had been touring for about 18 months before Live Aid, so there's that.
His diagnosis also didn't come until 2 almost 2.5 years after Live Aid, and he then didn't tell his band mates until almost 2 years after that, but to make it into the movie they put his diagnosis in right before Live Aid. (That DID irritate me because there was no reason for it to even be a part of the movie if they were going to end the movie in 1985, especially when the world already knows how/why he passed)

Sorry, I can talk about Freddie all day and not get tired of it. LOL I know which documentary you were talking about (same one I mentioned in my earlier post too) and you are right, it's a very good and well done documentary.
My deal is, I'm not so much a "Queen" fan so much as I am a "Freddie as frontman of Queen", fan. I wouldn't be able to tell you the first thing about Brian May or Roger Taylor, and even less about John Deacon - other than their names - but can tell you almost everything about Freddie... I LOVE(d) him so much. Always have. Always will...

I love you. That is something i just cant understand. Wanna end the movie at the live aid, then dont speed his diagnose to before it. Wanna end it in him giving the news of his desease? They dont end it on the live aid. Ugh!

I went because i knew it was gonna be a bad movie and i like watching bad movies cause they are amusing to me. This one failed. I did not like it. I just cant see Ramy as Freddie (they dont loonat all alike to me, specially with his bug bulgy eyes) and it annoyed it me to no end their “disney” moment when freddie sings and the other two sing along with him because magical. And the joke of “im in love with my car” once was enough. And would they screw the timeline? Not only of his life but of the release of their songs? Why? Why the unnecesary drama that never happened?

And im not even a Queen nor a Freddie fan, the boyfriend is and he hated the movie. So did his best friend, also a huge queen fan. I like queen and have for years but this was just... ugh.

And if i want to watch the live aid performance i can watch it on youtube by the real band i had zero interest of watchig the bad cginabd green screens.

1 out of 10 would not recomend.

Back