Q? On ambiant weather and humidity

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! Great idea. I will try that. I am wondering about whether high iodine is a factor in humid places. Also water content. SoapCalc defaults to 38%. Is that standard? When would water amount be changed?

Thank you! Great idea. I will try that. I am wondering about whether high iodine is a factor in humid places. Also water content. SoapCalc defaults to 38%. Is that standard? When would water amount be changed?
Here's a good read on water :)

I myself use between 2:1 water/lye ratio (when I CP) and usually around 2.8:1 to 3:1 when I HP depending on how fluid I want it..

The idea of using a dessicant makes sense. Do you put your soaps in a closed container like a cardboard box? Or plastic?

Thanks much for your article on iodine and INS values. As a newbie I’ve been practicing designing recipes, before actually trying it and wasting resources. These issues come to light by this practice, and with your help, I’m understanding much better. Many thanks, everyone.

Here's my article on INS and iodine number -- https://classicbells.com/soap/iodineINS.asp Not sure if it will answer your questions but it might give you some useful details to ponder.

That page is AMAZING! It is bookmarked for future reference! Those articles are so helpful! I never heard about Ammonia in soaping before your article...

I keep procrastinating on making my first soap. Every day I discover something new that I need to know! This is a great article, and well explained. I’m grateful!

Latest posts

Back