Curing and Ventilation in warm climates

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"...I’m going to make my first batch of soap in a few weeks (once all my online orders arrive) ..."

If I'm reading this correctly, you're selling soap already? Without ever having made a batch? Soap making has a steep learning curve, and most people need to gain experience before selling to develop their skills and ensure the quality of their soap is sufficiently good. Have you given this issue some thought?

edit: For example, I make decently good soap for Iowa, but I am very aware that if I moved to my friend's place in Belize, I'd have to reformulate. The recipes and methods I use here are not suitable for Belize, based on experience gained over several years of vacations there. Even if I could cure my soap in an air conditioned, lower humidity space, that doesn't solve the problem of getting the soap to perform well in a non-air-conditioned bath with unsoftened well water, which is how many homes are set up. Even though I am an experienced soap maker, I'd not sell soap in Belize until I knew I had reliable recipes well adapted to the circumstances.

Hey! I know this is an old post, but I'm curious about your friend soaping in Belize as I am also in Belize. Are they on IG or FB?

Hey! I know this is an old post, but I'm curious about your friend soaping in Belize as I am also in Belize. Are they on IG or FB?
Noelle, my friend in Belize, doesn't make soap. I was talking about soap I'd made in Iowa that I took to Belize when I visited her on vacation. I don't think Noelle is on IG and she's pretty private on FB.

Noelle, my friend in Belize, doesn't make soap. I was talking about soap I'd made in Iowa that I took to Belize when I visited her on vacation. I don't think Noelle is on IG and she's pretty private on FB.
Ah, ok. Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back