peeked top of first swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubato456

Reaction score
well i had to peek....this is about 5 hrs post pour. the green isn't a very vivid color.....kind of sickly :cry: ......i guess you can see a little bit of marbling....oh well it can only be upwards from this.....i'll cut tomorrow am it's firming up but no where near ready to cut.

looks good, so far, i had a perfect swirl hot pink then discovered i forgot some oil, threw it all back in pot and ruined my swirls, dont even know if it will work!

Rubato: you should be proud of yourself.
Yesterday I had the idea of swirling my shaving cream. Sounds easy enough...right?

IT WAS HIDEOUS! :x

Wait until you cut it. You may be surprised.

I think it looks very elegant with the fine swirls and the pale green. I like it very much . Way to go.

Kitn

thx so much for your encouragement!

i'll be sure to post cut pix tomorrow!

so far, no pix :-(

the tuperware container i poured the soap into doesn't quite have enough flex to pop out the soap. and the soap is still somewhat soft, though it is gelled fine. there is a large surface area w/ a smaller mass (because it's a thin layer) so there is a lot of sticking power and not much weight to help when i try to flip it over to get out. i think i need to stick (no pun intended) to silicone molds or even the walmart container which is more flexible that this tuperware.

i'll let it sit a few more days and see if i can ever get it out......if so i'll post pix. if not...it's the circular file ;-)

Yup - let it sit for another day or so - once it's ready it will pop out. You may need to add some "flex" by pushing gently on the centre of the bottom of the pan once it's upside down - if it doesn't pop out easily after another day or so - you can pop it into the freezer for a while and then try it again.

It might still change colors on you some. But just the same it looks great.

I always line whatever I am going to put soap in with freezer paper.

usually these tuperware work fine...but i used a different one this time....it doesn't have as much flex as the other one i used.....i officially declare this a lost cause......i'm glad i only made a 1/2 batch......i think i'll stick to my molds i know will work.

Latest posts

Back