Organic Creations products

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolynp

Reaction score
I purchased some Goats Milk and Shea Soap paste from OC,the idea is the home crafter finishes the product and by following the recipe make liquid soap.I love this because it is quite pure and saves me from makeing it from scratch which I will eventually when time allows. My problem is I posted this on another site and was immediately warned to useing a preservative. I emailed the company and they assured me that no presrvative was needed in this soap. I want as chemical free a product as possible but I don't want to put my customers in harms way, Is there some middle ground here that I am not aware of ? I see all the time lotions and such in health food stores and herbalist shops that do not contain preservative ,they usually have a use by date of several months from the batch made date. I am leaning towards cosmiqil cq at least it's paraben free. Any info on this subject would be nice .

I'm no expert but my understanding of when preservative is needed is when:
a) there is water in the product
b) there is a reasonable chance that dirty fingers or whatever may transfer water or other contaminants to the product during use

I have not made liquid soap before and am not familiar with the ingredients and specifically whether or not water is an ingredient but I'd say if there is no water in it, and you put it in a bottle with a pump (which would mean little chance for contamination of the product) then it probably wouldn't require preservative.

Latest posts

Back