Opinions Needed Please - Logo Design

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a comment on the logo, but you need to carefully proofread and correct typos, as there are a number of them. For example, this is the first page I looked at, and found this: - Acne serum reduces larger pimples and redness. What makes this serum different is it ability to reduct acne without producing scars.

Should be, of course, ITS ability to REDUCE

update

I went back to drawing board and studied many logos of companies in our industry (alot of the market leaders). What I found surprised me at bit. They kept it simple. No fancy colors or abstracts...just straight black color with changes in font and location of letters. Here is our attempt at keeping it simply yet professional. This way we take the guessing out of trying to find right colors or art work. Let us know what you think. Thank you

Guuky%20Cosmetic%20Label.jpg

Kind of like mine. Black and white, simple, and a nice simple font.:)

The first two are difficult for me to read, for some reason the differing levels on the third one make it clearer IMO.
I understand the reasoning, but thumbs down on the green one. It's difficult to read and by using it on the K like that, the leaf is overstated.
Besides not being a fan of pink, the detail coming off the G on the second one is too busy and will not translate well to small prints. The idea behind making the K pink so it would stand out is not bad, but it makes me think there must be something special about that letter and I'm assuming that's not the case. As others have said, I would also associate that with more of a pre-teen market.
I like the slant put on the third one. If you really like the leaf association, maybe shadow one off the bottom of a letter? Nothing large or dramatic, just enough to add some interest to the letters, and it could be done so that you could have it in all black or do it in a color depending on what you were printing. Simple is best but I'm not sure I'm sold on the font used, I think it would seem to get lost when used in a small version, I love the odd alignment, but to me the font itself doesn't stand out much.
Do not like that the Y just hangs out there by itself, though. I think that needs to be attached to the rest. Here's a wild idea, make the Y higher so your name is shaped like a smile. :)

Last edited:
I think it looks pleasing to the eye, but my personal issue with all of your samples is that it is just not easy to read. Is it Gwky? Guuky? And how do you pronounce that, because not sure if you want it to rhyme with "ucky". JMHO.

cm4bleenmb those were great suggestions and I will let her test that to see if it works. I also agree that the fond needs little more impact so when we reduce it...it doesn't get lost.

Spicey477: Guuky is pronounced: gew-key. I actually added a slider image on our home page that shows how to pronounce it because its tricky name at first. And let me say we tried to change our name because we were just testing it at first and overwhelmingly our customers told us not too because they loved that it was unique and learned to love the name. So we kept it. I remember hearing yahoo and google the first time and thinking..what the heck kind of name is that. Here is hoping we have 1% of their success. :)

Thanks everyone for suggestions its great to get educated feedback.

Latest posts

Back