Nurture red vs. Mad Micas red?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love Nurture! My first (and only) choice for colorants were the sample sets of vibrance micas that Carrie sold out of her closet. But I don't like Really Red in any form. I prefer to mix red vibrance with raspberry pink for a Christmas type red. But now I see Mad Micas has a combo for red and I have 2 of the 3 colors...hint...hint....only need to order one more (naturally to justify the shipping I should throw a few more colors in there).

Has anyone tried the MM red combo?

No worries Cindy - when it comes to getting a true red everyone is color challenged!

Seriously though; did you mean color blind?

Fun fact: all of my boys were color blind. One of them went all through high school wearing his orange track jacket, but on graduation night finally asked the question: since our school colors are orange and blue, why is my track jacket green??

I've seen a lot of pictures of the red in soap, using the MM color combo, and it looks very good. There is a bit of wiggle room with your proportions to get different tones of red.

red.jpg

red1.jpg

red2.jpg

red3.jpg

FWIW Voo Doo from MM and Raspberry Red from Nurture are the same. Spicy Tomato from MM and Vibrance Red from Nurture aren't exactly the same to my eye, but very close. I just placed an order yesterday for a couple of micas I've been out of for awhile and saw the 3combo red. So I ordered a sample of Brazen Hussy to try it out.

Having spoken to both Carrie from Nurture and Johanna from Mad Oils, (I'm reluctant to change), they both say openly that they share some of the same suppliers.

No Lenarenee, I'm not color blind but when I try to get too fancy in CP/MP with colors, I usually end up with camouflage brown or green. It's probably why I like MP so much.

Newbie, such a nice collection of reds! The top two pictures are what I would call a red.

Latest posts

Back