November Monthly Challenge: December Inspiration

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks misschief - that is very apt.

An idea did occur to me while I was cleaning - it made me giggle (I might still do it), but ...
I have already come to the conclusion that a soap with soap dough blowfly's on it wouldn't be particularly popular
(we are coming into Summer, and December is always blow-fly's and BBQ's, with a little beach thrown in for good measure)

... perhaps it would be better I wait a little more yet :D

I woke up on Sunday (after a Saturday filled with making) with a full blown idea for my soap. I know EXACTLY what I'm going to do. Now, I just need the time to do it.

Thanks misschief - that is very apt.

An idea did occur to me while I was cleaning - it made me giggle (I might still do it), but ...
I have already come to the conclusion that a soap with soap dough blowfly's on it wouldn't be particularly popular
(we are coming into Summer, and December is always blow-fly's and BBQ's, with a little beach thrown in for good measure)

... perhaps it would be better I wait a little more yet :D
Sounds cute go for it if you want.

Indeed @SaltedFig go for it! That's why I left it open-ended, so that others in different countries/climates and with different traditions could share their experiences. I was really curious how it would turn out for the Australian/NZ members, being on the other end of the season :)

I woke up on Sunday (after a Saturday filled with making) with a full blown idea for my soap. I know EXACTLY what I'm going to do. Now, I just need the time to do it.
haha this is me. IF I do it, then I will sign up, so I don't end up missing out - AGAIN.

SIGH....I broke my foot in two places on Saturday, non weight bearing for 2 weeks! 2 WEEKS! Ughhhh, what a dreadful end to my cycling season. Not to mention my soaping aspirations :( Crossing my fingers I can get in a tall chair and make something :)

haha this is me. IF I do it, then I will sign up, so I don't end up missing out - AGAIN.
Pretty sure I've signed up to the last three challenges and failed to even attempt a soap :(

So I'm waiting this time, if I get my soap done - I'll sign up and enter it

I would like to join but do not have enough message points. In South Africa it is extremely hot and lately humid as well. My idea would be balls of white soap with pale green swirls on a rope to hang on the Christmas tree. Fragranced with Eucalyptus and Mint will have a cooling effect to counter act the heat. I picture the balls rolled in chips of white soap to make them looked like they have been rolled in desiccated coconut. I may still do these soaps just for fun and for my family. :D

Pretty sure I've signed up to the last three challenges and failed to even attempt a soap :(

So I'm waiting this time, if I get my soap done - I'll sign up and enter it
Exactly. I did do one challenge, but it was like 2 weeks to late to enter. So it didn't really count.

1. Shari (shunt2011) going to try to find time.
2. MissChief - I will make time!
3. dibbles - I can't wait to see what everyone makes for this
4. msunnerstood - I just got new molds for embeds sooo...
5. mommycarlson (Beth) - oooh goody goody! :)
6. Alzie- count me in! ❄
8. mx5inpenn - maybe this is the kick in the pants I need.
9. SaltedFig ... is patiently waiting for inspiration.
10. earlene - hoping this will help pull me out of depression

I guess I can't join this challenge? It's ok. I need to practice with new supplies anyway.
Why not?

ETA:

Oh, now I see. Somehow someone accidentally cut you out of a previous list. Here, this should fix it:

6. Alzie- count me in! ❄
7. Arimara - I just want to see if I can still soap.
10. earlene - hoping this will help pull me out of depression

I am sure it was purely accidental!

Lol, It's ok. I still have to practice and get back into the swing of things. I will be reading on how to use micas efficiently and how to do some swirls. I also have to think of how I can safely soap, given my health issues.

Thanks for fixing the list @earlene - here's the current sign up with correct numbering:

6. Alzie- count me in! ❄
8. SaltedFig ... is patiently waiting for inspiration.
9. earlene - hoping this will help pull me out of depression

6. Alzie- count me in! ❄
10. MKLonestar....first challenge I have been able to be part of, so going to attempt it

Correcting list to add Arimara and Earlene back in:

6. Alzie- count me in! ❄
8. SaltedFig ... is patiently waiting for inspiration.
9. earlene - hoping this will help pull me out of depression
10. MKLonestar....first challenge I have been able to be part of, so going to attempt it

Latest posts

Back