November Monthly Challenge: December Inspiration

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Shari (shunt2011) going to try to find time.
2. MissChief - I will make time!
3. dibbles - I can't wait to see what everyone makes for this
4. msunnerstood - I just got new molds for embeds sooo...
5. mommycarlson (Beth) - oooh goody goody! :)
6. Alzie- count me in! ❄
7. Arimara - I just want to see if I can still soap.
8. mx5inpenn - maybe this is the kick in the pants I need.
9. SaltedFig ... is patiently waiting for inspiration.
10. earlene - hoping this will help pull me out of depression
11. MKLonestar....first challenge I have been able to be part of, so going to attempt it

Okay is this list now accurate? IF not, my apologies!

I don't think we've ever had such a mix-up with the sign up list before. Have we?

Misschief, how wonderful that you have completed your soap. So far I have not started one.

I haven't started yet either. Won't get done this week/weekend as I have to make 2 Birthday cakes for my grandbabies party on Saturday....then comes Thanksgiving. I'm hoping that weekend I can get it done, I have an idea or two. I'm only going to have 1 shot at it fingers crossed.

I need to find my soaping notebooks. I have a design idea and need to do some sketching. At least I have a plan. Not sure where the notebooks are. I haven't soaped since September. But I haven't looked yet.

ETA: Okay I found them exactly where I left them. Easy find, as I left them where I would expect them to be. Good for me. Now I can start working on my plans. Won't start until Thursday at the earliest, though because it's Hubby's day off today and tomorrow. Maybe by the weekend I may be finished. I do hope so, as I need some positive self-feedback right now.

6. Alzie- count me in! ❄
11. MKLonestar....first challenge I have been able to be part of, so going to attempt it

Okay is this list now accurate? IF not, my apologies!

I don't think we've ever had such a mix-up with the sign up list before. Have we?

I think so, it's a slightly different order than the list I corrected in post #39 but it seems we have everyone!

6. Alzie- count me in! ❄
8. SaltedFig ... is patiently waiting for inspiration.
9. earlene - hoping this will help pull me out of depression
10. MKLonestar....first challenge I have been able to be part of, so going to attempt it
11. Zing. First time!

Hi All, just popping in for a quick reminder that entry thread opens tomorrow! If you haven't made your soap yet, don't.panic. The entry thread is open until Nov 27th, so you can still make your soap after the 20th :) I will be busy with the US holiday etc. for part of this week and I wanted any US peeps to be able to take advantage of a 4-day weekend if they have one, so that is why the entry time is a bit earlier and longer this month.

• November 2oth: Entry thread opens.
  • November 27th: Entry thread closes at 11:59 pm GMT.
  • November 28th: Survey Monkey password/link will be sent to all entrants to cast their votes.
  • November 30th: The winners will be announced in the Entry thread!
Here is the current entry thread:

6. Alzie- count me in! ❄
12. Zing. First time!

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been able to get mine started - at least I finally have an idea. I only just found out a few days ago that someone else will make Thanksgiving dinner this year, so hopefully I'll get a try in on Wednesday. Otherwise it will be over the weekend.

Since I left so abruptly to attend my step-mother's funeral, I didn't finish my planned soap, but planned to finish it upon my return on Thursday. Then a glitch occurred and I may be staying longer. As it happens, I am staying at my brother's house alone for a few days, so decided to go out and buy everything I need to make soap. I made the first part of the planned soap again today (the first part was already done at home, but that's still in Illinois wrapped in plastic wrap, so this is a different first part.)

Luckily, my SIL has a scale exactly like mine that I gave her, so weighing things out was a breeze. Finding the oils I wanted was much more of a challenge. Here in Santa Cruz County, finding certain ingredients was a real challenge, but I managed for some and got some others in the next county over. No fragrances, though because I just did not find the time or energy to continue the search for EO's. I know I could have found some if I had given it more consideration and found the right place, but it's too late now unless I go out and find something today, which would end up being so expensive that it just wouldn't be worth it. So I hope to resist the urge to go searching as I am confident it would be a huge waste of time and of gasoline. And at the prices of gas in California, that's a real concern as well. I'll just go with the natural scent of the soap itself and that will probably be just fine, anyway.

I made my challenge soap yesterday and cut it today. It isn't quite what I was shooting for but I'm very happy with it. It will have to do as I don't think I'll have time for another attempt.
Yours is very similar to what I was thinking, but a little different. I love it. I think it turned out lovely!

@msunnerstood That is a very clever design, and I love how you linked it to your family traditions.
@Misschief A slightly different design, but a reverse feather tree was what I was planning to try. Yours is lovely. Since I haven't made a soap yet :)eek:) I will search my brain for another idea.

Or not. Hubby and I are retired and I normally have plenty of time available to make soap. For the past 6 weeks or so, I've just had so many things that require attention. Good things, but time eaters. I'm tired. I'm uninspired. I have to do soap dishes that have been sitting for over 2 weeks before I can make anything. I am hoping to have some time over the weekend. We'll see.

@msunnerstood That is a very clever design, and I love how you linked it to your family traditions.
@Misschief A slightly different design, but a reverse feather tree was what I was planning to try. Yours is lovely. Since I haven't made a soap yet :)eek:) I will search my brain for another idea.

Or not. Hubby and I are retired and I normally have plenty of time available to make soap. For the past 6 weeks or so, I've just had so many things that require attention. Good things, but time eaters. I'm tired. I'm uninspired. I have to do soap dishes that have been sitting for over 2 weeks before I can make anything. I am hoping to have some time over the weekend. We'll see.
Dibbles, please don't let my entry stop you from doing what you had originally planned to try. The fun part of the challenges is challenging yourself.

Latest posts

Back