no more, PLEASE

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Norgart

Reaction score
well sounds like Minnesota is going to get dumped on again this weekend--it just adds to my all around crappy disposition and arty pain of this last couple of weeks. In case you haven't guessed I am sick of winter!!!!
On the bright side I wont be going anywhere and I have everything I need to just make soap. I have been thinking of aloe vera and vinegar soaps. end of rant...………………………...

Winter has stuck around here too. It is finally warming up a little bit, but I have spent a lot of time at home this winter.

I know this by comparison is a minor whine, but all my hellebores were up and looking GORGEOUS and we had three nights of 27 degree (F) weather and all have been bitten by Jack Frost and look very sad.

They are one of my very favorite perennials so I am sad

Somebody call the WHAAAAAAAAAAAmbulence!!!

I know this by comparison is a minor whine, but all my hellebores were up and looking GORGEOUS and we had three nights of 27 degree (F) weather and all have been bitten by Jack Frost and look very sad.

They are one of my very favorite perennials so I am sad

Somebody call the WHAAAAAAAAAAAmbulence!!!

oh that stinks--I hope they come back. I haven't had flower garden for a couple years but I know the disappointment of seeing things starting to come to life and it getting cold out again.

@Marilyn Norgart so kind of you to not blow a raspberry my way!

I have some GORGEOUS deep purple-rose ones that are particularly dear to me. I almost bawled.

And, I would rather have this than snow! I grew up in WI but cannot take winter any more after living essentially at the equator for seven years!

My siblings tell me I have become a total WIMP!

Hope you get a break soon! Hope also you have tons of supplies at ho,e so if you are snowbound you can at least SOAP?!

@Marilyn Norgart I'm feeling your pain over here in South Dakota. I don't complain about the weather much (some of my co-workers complain about it multiple times a day x 5 months of winter... now I have to complain about the complainers, ha!) but even I have been grumbling loudly for the last week. Next week we should see 20's - break out the flip flops!

I'm hoping this is winter's last hurrah. This is what we woke up to but the temperatures are supposed to be on the plus side of freezing from now on.

Attachments

• 20190307_063521_HDR.jpg
    20190307_063521_HDR.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 10
I'm hoping this is winter's last hurrah. This is what we woke up to but the temperatures are supposed to be on the plus side of freezing from now on.
An hour north of you. Sigh. Yes. Enough. I hope the snow pack is sufficient.

I watched a You Tube demo the other day and the hostess was using what looked like a two or three gallon plastic pail with measurements and a spout. Does anyone know what i am talking about and where to buy one? I am using old glass bowls and would love this!

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched a You Tube demo the other day and the hostess was using what looked like a two or three gallon plastic pail with measurements and a spout. Does anyone know what i am talking about and where to buy one? I am using old glass bowls and would love this!
...( sorry I have a brain issue that impairs short term memory. No idea where or when I saw it. Within the last 3 months I believe-I do remember looking on Amazon and finding it but I dont use credit cards and they dont have PayPal of all things)

I keep telling myself that we need this but.... yeah, enough already!
I hear you :) Being so much warmer, this may turn into a heavier snow to shovel. Seemed like it this morning but I can only do very short shifts of exertion.

@Marilyn Norgart I'm feeling your pain over here in South Dakota. I don't complain about the weather much (some of my co-workers complain about it multiple times a day x 5 months of winter... now I have to complain about the complainers, ha!) but even I have been grumbling loudly for the last week. Next week we should see 20's - break out the flip flops!

haha on the flip flops and I too don't usually complain about the weather cuz we do choose to live here--I guess its just cuz I don't feel well that I am being such a whiner :) for the most part I don't mind the snow!! I hate driving on the roads sometimes but...……………...….

they are saying we will be warmer too--I just hope if they are right about the snow they are right about the warmer temps too!!!

you guys in Canada be careful when shoveling if its heavy. I have a mess on my patio cuz every time I cleaned if off it got really icy so at some point I decided to leave the snow, I am currently stepping down into my place when I take the dog out--but if its gonna get warmer its time to break it up and clear it off

they are saying we will be warmer too--I just hope if they are right about the snow they are right about the warmer temps too!!!

you guys in Canada be careful when shoveling if its heavy. I have a mess on my patio cuz every time I cleaned if off it got really icy so at some point I decided to leave the snow, I am currently stepping down into my place when I take the dog out--but if its gonna get warmer its time to break it up and clear it off
TBH he didn't clear the whole driveway as temperatures are supposed to go up to 4ºC (about 40ºF) today. That will get rid of the overnight snowfall pretty quickly.

I wear flip-flops every day, year round. Not always outside, but I have been known to walk in stocking feet in the snow to carry out my husband's forgotten lunch (front steps, walkway and into the snow-covered drive.) The flip flops are my go-to 'slippers' and have been for many many years. I do take the garbage out wearing my flip flops, but don't walk out in the snow in them all that much, to be honest. Still, I thought it was funny about the flip flops.

So I'm on my way to Texas. Spent the night in Arkansas. All I have with me are flip flops & a pair of easy-to-get-soaked tennies. And it's storming like a sun-of-a-gun out there. When I get on the road, I'll have to do my best to stay inside the car and only make short sprints to the rest rooms as needed. Hope it doesn't take too long to out-drive this storm!

I wear flip-flops every day, year round. Not always outside, but I have been known to walk in stocking feet in the snow to carry out my husband's forgotten lunch (front steps, walkway and into the snow-covered drive.) The flip flops are my go-to 'slippers' and have been for many many years. I do take the garbage out wearing my flip flops, but don't walk out in the snow in them all that much, to be honest. Still, I thought it was funny about the flip flops.

So I'm on my way to Texas. Spent the night in Arkansas. All I have with me are flip flops & a pair of easy-to-get-soaked tennies. And it's storming like a sun-of-a-gun out there. When I get on the road, I'll have to do my best to stay inside the car and only make short sprints to the rest rooms as needed. Hope it doesn't take too long to out-drive this storm!

Safe travels!!!!

It's starting to look like spring might actually be around the corner. Our weather forecast for the next week is calling for above freezing temperatures every day. We're still below freezing at night but day time temps are going up. Yes!

It's starting to look like spring might actually be around the corner. Our weather forecast for the next week is calling for above freezing temperatures every day. We're still below freezing at night but day time temps are going up. Yes!

yes its in the high 20s here and it feels down right balmy--unfortunately they are saying 12+" starting later today thru sunday and then we are supposed to get another 5-8" on tues. funny thing is they are saying we had more snow cover this time last year than now---but last year if I remember right it would snow and melt snow and melt. anyway I sure wished people on FB would stop posting green grass pictures---it just hurts :)

yes its in the high 20s here and it feels down right balmy--unfortunately they are saying 12+" starting later today thru sunday and then we are supposed to get another 5-8" on tues. funny thing is they are saying we had more snow cover this time last year than now---but last year if I remember right it would snow and melt snow and melt. anyway I sure wished people on FB would stop posting green grass pictures---it just hurts :)
Yikes! Stay safe and remember.... Spring is coming! Really!

Better to start a new thread with this question... you're likely to get more response. ;)

Latest posts

Back