My First Batch of Soap for Sale with Pictures

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ollieblue

Reaction score
Right, here we go! Please move this post if it is in the wrong place - there were so many possibilities.......................essential oils.
All comments, good or critical are welcome.
Thank you all in advance.

***I have deleted my pictures as I am leaving this forum due to the rudness, arrogance of the unwelcoming moderators here. Look forward to meeting you all again on another forum.***

nice white soap, i would charge a 1$ per ounce, so those prob 3or 4 oz? also i really like fun scents, do you use only eos? if so, do lemongrass, people seem to love that. how are you going to package?

ive found very few people care if the fo is natural, my aunt( but shes a chiros wife!, she likes all natural) otherwise i havent had anyone ask.

Ollieblue said:
honor435 said:
nice white soap, i would charge a 1$ per ounce, so those prob 3or 4 oz? also i really like fun scents, do you use only eos? if so, do lemongrass, people seem to love that. how are you going to package?

Yes, I only use EOs although I am interested to know if people care more about the scent than whether the fragrance is natural or not.

A lot of that is going to depend on your area, there are a lot of people around here who are very much into "all-natural" and "green" stuff, and they don't want synthetic fragrances. There's a local soapmaker who does very well at our local Saturday Morning Market, most of her soaps are EOs and the rest are marketed as 96% natural. Her customers eat that up and she sells a ton of soap.

Another seller popped up there last year, had some very clever M&P soaps, all beautifully wrapped. It was instantly obvious that she'd put a ton of time and effort into her soaps, all were colorful and she had some really pretty and creative stuff, but she ended up not lasting because people just walked right past her booth.

In another place, at a market that wasn't so big on organic-this and green-that, the M&P maker would have probably done great. It's all about figuring out what your target audience wants, imo.

Being able to make a nice soap and being ready for sales are two very different things. There's so much to think of BEFORE you sell your very first soap.

Especially since your in the uk your going to need to have a professional perform a safety assessment for every recipe you're planning to sell.

Some more info:
http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12375

dagmar88 said:
Being able to make a nice soap and being ready for sales are two very different things. There's so much to think of BEFORE you sell your very first soap.

Especially since your in the uk your going to need to have a professional perform a safety assessment for every recipe you're planning to sell.

Some more info:
http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12375

Already done. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back