my cute little mold and soap cutter that I made!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milla

Reaction score
It was a bit of work but I made my own 1 lb mold and soap cutter. I bought a $5 piece of poplar from Menards with some hardware and made both of these.

What I wouldn't do for a miter saw and table saw! I had to use my miter box and hand saw for most of the work. I have no idea if the soap cutter will work, but it's my first attempt. If it doesn't cut straight then I have ideas for try #2.

I followed Keith Brown's tutorial for making a mold. He said he'd eventually post a tut for the soap cutter, but nothing yet. Next is a 2 lb mold.

dsc00583ert.jpg

I'm thoroughly impressed. Looks like you did a great job. I make 1# batches and would love a "slicing soap outfit" like that!

krissy said:
your cutter is awesome!! i want one of those!!!

Thanks! It's FAR from perfect. I have it set to cut 1-1/8" bars. If I want to do 1" bars I'll put cardboard in front of the stopper. I have some soap in my old mold that I just made so hopefully in a day or so I can cut it.

I should've used my circular saw to cut the slots, but TOTALLY forgot we had one hidden.

x

:shock: oh, milla, they look terrific!

really nice job on the mold. being able to slide the soap out is such a nice thing!

you should be proud of yourself and take real satisfaction that EVERYTHING about your soap is handmade! :D

Re: x

heartsong said:
:shock: oh, milla, they look terrific!

really nice job on the mold. being able to slide the soap out is such a nice thing!

you should be proud of yourself and take real satisfaction that EVERYTHING about your soap is handmade! :D

:D :D Thanks! :D :D

I actually am proud of myself. I usually don't give myself props (ha ha), but I am today.

Nice job!! I also have a chefmate cutter, but I use it in a plastic mitre box.

Go You!! :)

Jude

You should be very proud of yourself , you made yourself a great cutter , I love your idea and the mold is fantastic . You Rock .

Kitn

I just used my soap cutter this morning to cut my egg and lemon shampoo soap and OMG it's so fast! It's not perfect, but better than me cutting on my own.

I can also cut from both ends and just use the edge of the wood as a guide and cut to any width. I cut my soap into all different sizes since it's for shampoo and every cut is super smooth and pretty straight.

I definitely have ideas for cutter #2, but this one is good enough for now.

Latest posts

Back