I love cavity molds!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Mobjack Bay I love your soaps with the spiral design on the top (like the green and light blue ones in the top pic). Would you mind sharing where you got that mold?
I'm pretty sure they are made by a crowd called Silikomart - maybe google that and see if you can find a more local supplier than Australia (where i get them from).

@Mobjack Bay I love your soaps with the spiral design on the top (like the green and light blue ones in the top pic). Would you mind sharing where you got that mold?
I think the ones with the swirl are supposed to look like cinnamon buns and I'm pretty sure I saw some on Amazon ~ let me check, brb . . .
I actually found one on etsy

https://www.etsy.com/listing/933413711/28-diameter-6-cavities-spiral-circle
There are a bunch of different ones on Amazon but I haven't found the exact one yet. I typed "round silicone cavity molds" into the search bar and all kinds of pretty patterns came up 😍 I may have to get some myself!

Last edited:
@JoyfulSudz I too loved that mold. I found this one. While it is probably not as sturdy as the one @Mobjack Bay has, it works well and is about half the price.
Oh good because I forgot about that one. I want to try this mold from MMS. I recently put in a big order with free shipping, but didn’t remember about the mold 🙁.

@Mobjack Bay
Not sure where you posted palm oil plus castor oil accelerating - but I noticed my palm oil batter WITHOUT 5% castor oil behaves much nicer than when I added castor oil. Thanks for mentioning this!

Last edited:
Y'all! I saw some mini bundt cake shapes when I was searching earlier! And all kinds of cute swirls! I even saw a mold that had top and bottom cupcake shapes so you can make a soap cupcake without having to do the piping! 😃

@Mobjack Bay
Not sure where you posted palm oil plus castor oil accelerating - but I noticed my palm oil batter WITHOUT 5% castor oil behaves much nicer than when I added palm oil. Thanks for mentioning this!
I don’t remember where that post was, but thanks for following up! (P.s. check your post above. Did you mean castor where the third “palm” is?)

Thank you, @Shelley D and @KiwiMoose. Found 'em! This pattern has a simple elegance I find very appealing -- and looking like a cinnamon bun sure doesn't hurt either (lol).
I have a big 'cinnamon bun' mold:
IMG_9744.JPG
I always wanted the little ones - but they're quite expensive.

@bwtapestry , I just bought those leaf molds on temu, too! I haven't decided what exactly I'll do with them. So, post a pic when you make a soap- maybe I'll get inspired. I only do melt & pour, so I am definitely into molds ....
Was considering lotion bar (1/3 butter, 1/3 beeswax, 1/3 oil). Have some infused plantain leaf. Or perhaps guest sized soap with plant based scents such as mint or basil or something fun. Haven’t received yet. Will update when I make something. Please do same with your mold’s when you use them. Thank you

Here’s how I packaged the travel soaps. I decided to go with 2 oz. tins which are just roomy enough to hold 1 oz. of the little soaps. I also packaged 1 oz. assortments in reusable tea bags. I’m calling them “soap sachets” and making note that the bag can be reused. That’s about as close to zero waste as I can get. I will be including a “may contain” type label since the soaps come from different batches/recipes.

IMG_0045.jpeg

So pretty Mobjack! I've thought about using those little tins too - but was worried about the contact with the soap?
They may be coated with silicone(?) although I can’t recall any mention of a coating in the product description. The soaps in a few tins that sat partially filled for months looked perfectly fine when I sorted them into new groups this past week. I’ve run a few used tins through the dishwasher with no apparent changes in the finish and I’ve also cleaned glue residue off with acetone. I have not let soaps sit with water in the tin, but will report back if I try it.

Latest posts

Back