Moon Cake Press?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I signed up for the FB Moon Cake Cult and was able to get some moon cake moulds a couple of days later in Chinatown. Still haven't made any though. Instead of eating all those Pringles you could just possibly make Moon Cakes :D:p.

I ordered one too should be here Friday. Thought I'll try making bath bombs for grandchildren. Looks like fun and they'd love it

I hear ya! It took a while for me to figure it out too! Once you get it, it's so easy, you'll wonder why it took so long to figure it out!

Notice the 2 flanges on the bottom of the disc. Drop the disc into the cup, flanges down. Turn the whole contraption upside down and use your fingers to press the disc against the bottom. While holding the disc in place, use the handle to turn the cup so the flanges slip into a locked position.

HTH :cool:

Never thought of using a Pringles can to ship, but that is brilliant! My bf will appreciate the extra snacks around the house and I can ship Bath goodies to my mom that might survive usps!

Where is a good place to buy the crystals? These suckers are expensive! Or maybe not as much as I thought depending on how much is used.....

I got off work early today (MY turn!) and I decided it was time to try making shower steamers again. My first attempt was frustrating. I used the TWH recipe for the steamers, then asked for advice in her FB group; I got absolutely no response. I posted the same question in the Moon Cake Cult group and received a LOT of good advice. So, today was the day to put that advice into practice. I am happy to report that I have PERFECT shower steamers. (Pics to follow once they've firmed up.)

So what did I do wrong the first time? My mix was definitely too dry. That was the biggest thing. I also did a lot of reading and realized that the TWH recipe has ingredients in the steamers that you really don't need, like sea salt, kaolin (or bentonite) clay, and oil. Why use clays or oils in a product that, essentially, goes down the drain.

This time I used the Steamer recipe posted in the Moon Cake Cult files and it worked perfectly!

ETA: Uh oh... I think I spoke too soon. It looks like I may have made the mixture TOO moist. I'll try again tomorrow, I think. For now, my kitchen needs tidying.
:smallshrug:

And a picture...

20180727_161108_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They look good to me! I've not made shower steamers, but I am intrigued by them. When you test one, will you let me know how long they last? I have stone in my shower, and wonder about using them on that surface. Something tells me I shouldn't, because it might cause etching. But I have nothing to base this on. Need to study up a bit, but I'd use the shower steamers a lot more than something that goes in the tub.

They look good to me! I've not made shower steamers, but I am intrigued by them. When you test one, will you let me know how long they last? I have stone in my shower, and wonder about using them on that surface. Something tells me I shouldn't, because it might cause etching. But I have nothing to base this on. Need to study up a bit, but I'd use the shower steamers a lot more than something that goes in the tub.

I will let you know. I'm looking forward to trying one but I'm more of a bath person than a shower person.

I can't speak to the etching, unfortunately. A friend of ours has a marble-looking tile shower and he uses shower steamers almost daily.

Back