Moon Cake Press?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got into mooncake crazy and bought so many, but people buy my round (balls) bath bombs, The love how it looks the mooncake and buy the round ones

I got into mooncake crazy and bought so many, but people buy my round (balls) bath bombs, The love how it looks the mooncake and buy the round ones

Crazy, isn't it? I have no intention of making bath bombs of any kind (famous last words??); there are already two vendors who make them and have a hard time selling them. I prefer to make bubble bars and shower steamers... once I perfect them.

You all inspire me so much!:thumbs: Thank you!
I can't wait to try out my new Moon Cake Press!

I got off work early today (MY turn!) and I decided it was time to try making shower steamers again. My first attempt was frustrating. I used the TWH recipe for the steamers, then asked for advice in her FB group; I got absolutely no response. I posted the same question in the Moon Cake Cult group and received a LOT of good advice. So, today was the day to put that advice into practice. I am happy to report that I have PERFECT shower steamers. (Pics to follow once they've firmed up.)

So what did I do wrong the first time? My mix was definitely too dry. That was the biggest thing. I also did a lot of reading and realized that the TWH recipe has ingredients in the steamers that you really don't need, like sea salt, kaolin (or bentonite) clay, and oil. Why use clays or oils in a product that, essentially, goes down the drain.

This time I used the Steamer recipe posted in the Moon Cake Cult files and it worked perfectly!

ETA: Uh oh... I think I spoke too soon. It looks like I may have made the mixture TOO moist. I'll try again tomorrow, I think. For now, my kitchen needs tidying.
:smallshrug:

And a picture...

View attachment 31380
Those look adorable! Even the puffed out ones :) we've been painting our mud room turn soap room this weekend, so every surface is covered with supplies of all sorts lol tomorrow will be my cleaning day after work. I'm ready to get back to making soaps and goodies

You all inspire me so much!:thumbs: Thank you!
I can't wait to try out my new Moon Cake Press!
Can't wait to see what you make :)

Last edited by a moderator:
O, so I am am using my new press today and it is amazing! The only trouble I am having (and its all user error) is my mixture is drying out before I can get them all done.

My 2nd bath turned out so much better :) I did spritz and I didn't use my kitchen aid mixer.

I made these today. The blue ones are Epsom Salt Cakes, scented with Karma FO (100 grams). The creamy ones are Bubbling Bath Melts, scented with Caribbean Escape FO (50 grams).

20180804_091917_HDR 1.jpg 20180804_140327_HDR.jpg

Played with my moon cake presses a little more today. I made these, too. They're Bubbling Bath Bombs, made with a recipe from the Moon Cake Cult group on FB. They're not all perfect but they're for me. Now, it's tidy up time and time to think about what we're going to have for dinner.

20180804_154459_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice!! The details really stand out! Is the moon cake cult group open for new people?

It has been SO HUMID here lately that I don't dare make any, let alone bring to the Market where they will puff and speuw all over :(
I really like these too

Latest posts

Back