Molds for a buck!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misfities

Reaction score
The other day, I watched this tutorial on making soap into a tofu container mold on Brambelberry: http://www.brambleberry.com/Eco-Chic-Kit-P3639.aspx

Then today, I bought a riceball at Fresh and Easy. It was towards the end of the day, so they had a few of them marked half price @ 99 cents. After I was done, I nearly threw the container away when I realized this is similar in design to the tofu container. It makes for a unique, futureistic-looking mold. I will try it out this weekend to see how it holds up.

IMG_3253.jpg

I noticed that the tofu containers shown in the brambelberry tutorial don't necessarily have a 2 or 5. The tofu container I have has a 7.

Also, I looked at the riceball container. Doesn't have a number, but says PET. At least we know its recycled.

I'm going to try a bit of a test batch and see if it holds. I still have high hopes!

I noticed that the tofu containers shown in the brambelberry tutorial don't necessarily have a 2 or 5. The tofu container I have has a 7.

Also, I looked at the riceball container. Doesn't have a number, but says PET. At least we know its recycled.

I'm going to try a bit of a test batch and see if it holds. I still have high hopes!

This soap is MP so it works. I have made it.

I have begun saving all my yogurt containers. They make great mica mixing cups, and handy little molds for extra batter.

Don't expect to use it more than once, but it works as a one-off w/ cold process.
The package is kind of slanted, so don't expect a level triangle.

IMG_3255.jpg

Back