SMF March Challenge- Whipped Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Voted!
Thanks for this month's challenge! I learned a new technique and discovered some more that I didn't know. I *think* this method can be used in combination with others to make some really interesting soaps but time and having a rather large surplus of soap prevented me from more experiments.
I wonder how high I would need to drop some unwhipped batter from into a base of pure white whipped to get a drop swirl going?:twisted:

Steve

I voted but they all win in my book. This was a tricky challenge but since I like it, I might utilize this technique more in the future. Thank you galaxy for this challenge. :)

So, seeing all of these folks with their soaps in cardboard flats - am I the only person who goes to Costco, buys 2 things (literally 2 things yesterday) and comes out with 20 or more cardboard flats?

I have to buy prescription cat food by the case. So I have access to all the cardboard flats I could ever need.

Not exactly the cardboard flats but I've recently started using the tomato boxes from Costco to hold my soaps. If I stand my soaps on the long side, they are only 2.25" wide, just enough to comfortably fit in the box and let me stack them up. I might've been buying more tomatoes lately though:).

This is the last day to get in votes! We've got 23 people signed up and 21 have voted. One person let me know they wouldn't be voting so that leaves one person to vote (you don't have to of course.). Just thought I'd give an update. I'll announce the winners at 9 pm CST.

I'm sorry this challenge ran a little later than I expected. Moving out of my apartment and into a new one took more time than I thought!

I like that idea of posting the winners over there. Not sure where I'm supposed to speak up, but I'll say here congrats to newbie, DeeAnna and Misschief and of course all the others who gave it a go!

I like that idea of posting the winners over there. Not sure where I'm supposed to speak up, but I'll say here congrats to newbie, DeeAnna and Misschief and of course all the others who gave it a go!
+1!
As usual this was a fun challenge and there were lots of awesome entries. Made voting difficult - as usual. This is an interesting method and has got my brain gears turning.

" Suddenly a thought crossed my mind..."

Those that know me usually break out in laughter right about then.:)

Congratulations to the winners! It was a very fun and interesting challenge. Lots of pretty floating soap.

Congratulations to Newbie, DeeAnna and Misschief - I really loved all your soaps, and am glad to see I was not alone. Again, thank you Galaxy for hosting the challenge!

I'm tickled my soap rocks placed in this challenge -- thank you all!

I promise you that I won't hog the lime light in challenges to come. There are a lot of talented soapers in these challenges who have much bolder, more creative ideas than I do. I'm beginning to think, for example, that Elvis may truly rise again. :)

I'm glad I got brave enough to be involved in these challenges. I'm learning so much about technique, color, and design -- I suppose I can't call myself swirl-challenged anymore, hey? -- but I feel I'm still very much a newbie with even more yet to learn. What I also appreciate is the community that these challenges build. It's one thing to ask or answer a factual question on the other regular threads, and it's another to share thoughts and ideas, sympathize over the not-so-goods, and celebrate the successes on these challenge threads.

Thanks to our lovely, thorough, and talented challenge hosts for all your hard work in setting up and making videos for these challenges and for your patience in answering our many questions -- you da best! :)

Back