Masculine Fall Scent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevolutionSoap

Reaction score
I've had some requests for more "masculine" scents. So with Fall quickly approaching, I decided to take a look around. I just can't find anything that really stands out to me. And so much Fall stuff falls into the Pumpkin category. Any suggestions my friends? I'm fine using FO or EO suggestions.

Not my personal favorite, but my hubby's favorite is Bramble Berry Rustic Woods and Rum. If you like patchouli, Anarchy from Nurture is one I love - IDK if it's necessarily fall, but it smells great. I'd consider it unisex, but it does lean more toward the masculine. I haven't used Nurture Cavalier, but have read a lot of positive comments about it.

Otherwise, something that has oakmoss, sandalwood, bergamot or lime are usually nice for men's fragrances.

I made a green tea soap a while back and all the men that use it love the sent one was Earth meets Sky from Nurture Soap and the other was Indian Sandalwood I think from Nature's Garden. They are both a pretty spicy patchouli blend. I myself love them!

I've been very happy with my Nurture Soap orders! Here are three that I think could work for you -

Anarchy - A Lush dupe with patchouli, vanilla, and black pepper. Patchouli + vanilla is a very autumnal combination to me!

Bourbon Street - Warm, woody, cozy, smoky. This one smells SO good OOB and I definitely think it's suited to fall.

Oudh Wood - I think Oudh is great for fall, it's quite rich and heavy so I personally prefer it for cooler weather. There's also cedar, cardamom, tonka bean - all notes I'd say lend themselves to fall.

I haven't ordered Anarchy yet. I have Bourbon Street and Oudh Wood and will hopefully start testing them out in the next few weeks - OOB they both smell wonderful.

Oudh Wood - I think Oudh is great for fall, it's quite rich and heavy so I personally prefer it for cooler weather. There's also cedar, cardamom, tonka bean - all notes I'd say lend themselves to fall.
I second Oudh! is is a wonderful fragrance! I only just used it, it seems more expensive and was saving it for something special! It is pretty awesome!.

For fall, I think you can use a "heavier" blend to take you through the holidays. Here's a masculine EO blend that I've been meaning to try:

4 parts frankincense
3 parts cedarwood
2 parts lavender

Also, EOCalc STASHED
That is actually a good blend, and it sticks! I didn`t get it from EOcalc though, I just used what oils I had on hand. It was a blend I made last year for a shaving soap for hubby, but it is a tiny bit different in one part from the EOCalc one.

The soap itself was lack in lather, but the fragrance was lovely and hubby liked it! It had ample of warmth and calming smell from the frankincense, the lavender gave it some rounded elegance lingering in the back, and the cedar wood gave it a natural kick of wood and forest that wasn`t too strong, just kept the frankincense in check so it didn`t become too powdery.

But I used 4 parts frankincense, 2 parts of cedar wood (Atlas, it can get a bit overwhelming some times, at least the bottle I have) and 2 parts Lavender :)

Fall scent:
I don`t know what you guys consider being a fall scent, but I have one masculine fragrance I really love, and that suits fall time (well in my book at least) My husband loves it, and my male friends do too, older guys and younger ones.

It is not a in your face type of scent, it has peppery undertones, with a rounded fern-like backdrop, and hint of cardamon, and jasmine married with patchouli. It says it has musky undertones, I don`t find those particularly strong in this case.

Now if you are not a fan of patchouli, don`t worry! It is just lingering in the background, rounding everything off, making it a natural part of the blend. I have someone who loathes patchouli and they love this fragrance, so it isn`t screaming "I am here, I am here".

The fragrance is from Flaming Candle Company, called Birch & Black Pepper (Type) Fragrance Oil, and it is a fragrance I included in my CPSR as I found it to be a safe and lasting fragrance for my male soaps!

PS!
You should know I am not allowed to use more than 3% in my CPRS soaps, and this one is a good one. It is not super strong at that rate, but has an easily recognized presence in the soap still. So if you use it at 5 or 6% it will be strong.

https://www.theflamingcandle.com/so...e-oils/birch-black-pepper-type-fragrance-oil/

That is actually a good blend, and it sticks! ... It had ample of warmth and calming smell from the frankincense, the lavender gave it some rounded elegance lingering in the back, and the cedar wood gave it a natural kick of wood and forest that wasn`t too strong, just kept the frankincense in check so it didn`t become too powdery.
Good to know!
Thank You.gif

Most of us here know my biggest seller Dragon's Blood, year around seller for both men and women, also 50/50 with Nag Champa. Fierce from Soapsupplies.net was also a very good seller and Werewolf for Natures Garden. Plumeria from California Candle Supply mixed with Hardwood Musk was also very popular with both men and women. While the Hardwood Musk on his site is not my original dupe it is not bad. His Plumeria is the most realistic Plumeria I ever found with no off chemical or plastic smell to it.

Nature's Garden Cracklin Birch. Definitely a masculine note to it, although I believe women would like it, too.
I second this. It's a gorgeous scent. Although I do find that most women won't buy it for their husbands (but if their husbands are with I hand it to them and they will choose it for themselves), and the women that do buy it are usually buying it for themselves in that case. For my recipe it accelerates, so it's a bit of a pita to work with, but smells so good it's worth it.

I second this. It's a gorgeous scent. Although I do find that most women won't buy it for their husbands (but if their husbands are with I hand it to them and they will choose it for themselves), and the women that do buy it are usually buying it for themselves in that case. For my recipe it accelerates, so it's a bit of a pita to work with, but smells so good it's worth it.
Despite all the reviews saying it didn't accelerate, it did for me, as well. Glad/not glad to hear that it wasn't my imagination (or something else wrong with my soaping). I only use it in single-color soaps for this reason.

While I liked Cracklin Birch I could not give it away, so I would try a small bottle/batch and see if it sells.
That's amazing. Everyone who has smelled it in my soap so far just loves it.... but I'm not selling directly, since these are favors for a large group.

You guys are awesome! I'm really interested in Cracklin' Birch, Werewolf and Dragon's Blood. Mostly because my wife found a bunch of FO's she wants me to try from NG. You all have given me some great options!

Latest posts

Back