Gunpowder FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this subject has been mentioned before but upon searching here and all over google, I'm still not quite finding what I'm looking for. Perhaps it just isn't a thing. If you are a bit of a country bumpkin, like me, you probably have gone out shooting. Either to hunt or just for play, but there is a very specific scent that I am wanting to capture in a soap. The smell of freshly spent pew pews. It doesn't sound like a wonderful scent, but the men that I'm making my soap for seem to want that particular scent the most. I have bought a few different FO's to try to capture that smell and have been disastrously disappointed. The one link in this forum that I was able to come across took me to an already made soap which obviously wasn't what I'm looking for. Do you know that scent? Do you know where or if I can even find it? The one almost promising location of odd fragrance oils didn't mention anything about using them in soap and what percentage is skin safe, what they did mention was using it in a candle. Color me cautious, but I'm still a little new and don't want to burn my husband trying to make his nose happy. Any suggestions? Y'all have always had some great suggestions in these threads. I'm hoping one of you has run across this insane request before and actually found an answer.

Latest posts

Back