Masculine Fall Scent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my wife went a little crazy picking out some FO! Like REALLY crazy!!!

From BB

• Autumn Fig Harvest Fragrance Oil

I just soaped this yesterday--behaved beautifully and the smell is GORGEOUS. Hubby loved it and took the biggest bar and set it aside for our son-in-law once it's cured. To me, it smells piney out of the bottle, but in the soap, it's a rich, complex, scent. Conversely, hubby did NOT get pine from it, and says it smells like Troeg Brewing Company's Mad Elf Christmas beer. So I may have to get more of this......

I like 50/50 cedarwood/bergamot essential oils. Love this thread, and ready to experiment!
I just did a cedarwood/bergamot/orange/clove blend. I may have used too much cedarwood? That's all I can currently smell.

I did run it through. I did 40% cedarwood, 20% orange, 20% bergamot, 10% clove, 10% ginger
I have to agree with Zing - that much cedarwood is overwhelming to my sniffer. I keep it at 10% or less; otherwise, it's all I smell. Off topic here: clove smells great but is very skin-sensitizing for a good segment of folks, including me. If you are doing CP, it will also accelerate your batter so be ready to rock and roll when you add it.

I have to agree with Zing - that much cedarwood is overwhelming to my sniffer. I keep it at 10% or less; otherwise, it's all I smell. Off topic here: clove smells great but is very skin-sensitizing for a good segment of folks, including me. If you are doing CP, it will also accelerate your batter so be ready to rock and roll when you add it.
I kinda thought that too, but then above Zing said he did a 50/50 cedarwood/bergamot blend, so I thought I'd try it. I just used a small amount of clove, and also used orange, which I find slows down trace. Usually when I use them together they cancel each other out.

I kinda thought that too, but then above Zing said he did a 50/50 cedarwood/bergamot blend, so I thought I'd try it. I just used a small amount of clove, and also used orange, which I find slows down trace. Usually when I use them together they cancel each other out.
Sorry for the confusion. I do like to do 50/50 cedarwood/bergamot blend, and it's basically just for my use. But every other blend I use, cedarwood is max of 10%.

So my wife went a little crazy picking out some FO! Like REALLY crazy!!!

From BB
  • Kentucky Bourbon Fragrance Oil
  • Ancient Sedona Fragrance Oil
  • Midnight Waters Fragrance Oil
  • Galactic Skies Fragrance Oil
  • Pumpkin Souffle Fragrance Oil
  • Autumn Fig Harvest Fragrance Oil
  • Cashmere Fragrance Oil
  • Sleigh Ride Fragrance Oil
  • Crisp Cotton Fragrance Oil
  • Cactus Flower Fragrance Oil
  • Green Tea and Cucumber Fragrance Oil
  • Gingerbread Cookie Fragrance Oil
  • Rustic Woods and Rum Fragrance Oil
  • Lychee Red Tea Fragrance Oil
  • Frosted Sea Glass Fragrance Oil
  • Evergreen Forest Fragrance Oil
  • Sugar Plum Fairy Fragrance Oil
  • Lilac Fragrance Oil
  • Pink Peony Fragrance Oil
  • Grapefruit Bellini Fragrance Oil
  • Wildflower Breeze Fragrance Oil
BB Midnight waters is one of my top sellers. It is unisex fragrance that the women say smells "fresh and clean". It is definitely a "water" fragrance. It does accelerate! I used it to make a layer design. It worked perfectly! I split my batter and didn't add the fragrance to each portion until I was ready to pour it. The acceleration helped the layers thicken up so that I didn't have break through design issues.

Your wife should of added BB vanilla oak to get list. It makes for a great FALL masculine fragrance because it is a heavier fragrance. Midnight waters is much brighter of a fragrance. BB vanilla oak does discolor to dark brown / black, but is not a problem to soap with.

Latest posts

Back