Masculine Fall Scent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my wife went a little crazy picking out some FO! Like REALLY crazy!!!

From BB
  • Kentucky Bourbon Fragrance Oil
  • Ancient Sedona Fragrance Oil
  • Midnight Waters Fragrance Oil
  • Galactic Skies Fragrance Oil
  • Pumpkin Souffle Fragrance Oil
  • Autumn Fig Harvest Fragrance Oil
  • Cashmere Fragrance Oil
  • Sleigh Ride Fragrance Oil
  • Crisp Cotton Fragrance Oil
  • Cactus Flower Fragrance Oil
  • Green Tea and Cucumber Fragrance Oil
  • Gingerbread Cookie Fragrance Oil
  • Rustic Woods and Rum Fragrance Oil
  • Lychee Red Tea Fragrance Oil
  • Frosted Sea Glass Fragrance Oil
  • Evergreen Forest Fragrance Oil
  • Sugar Plum Fairy Fragrance Oil
  • Lilac Fragrance Oil
  • Pink Peony Fragrance Oil
  • Grapefruit Bellini Fragrance Oil
  • Wildflower Breeze Fragrance Oil
From NG
  • Hippy Christmas Fragrance Oil
  • Sunflower Type Fragrance Oil
  • Autumn Woods Fragrance Oil
  • Winter Garden Fragrance Oil
  • Autumn Magic Fragrance Oil
  • Christmas Memories Fragrance Oil
  • Cracklin Birch Fragrance Oil
  • Berry Bewitching Brew Fragrance Oil
  • Christmas Cookies Fragrance Oil
  • Aspen Winter Type Fragrance Oil
  • Wintery Candy Apple Fragrance Oil
  • Apple Butter Caramel Fragrance Oil
  • Autumn Wreath Type Fragrance Oil
  • Holiday Pomegranate Fragrance Oil
  • Witching Hour Fragrance Oil
  • Christmas Wreath Type Fragrance Oil
  • Pumpkin Roll Fragrance Oil

I hope the shelf life is more than 2 years! I did go for the Cracklin Birch for my masculine Fall scent.

Why is it that NG FO's are so much cheaper than other places? I haven't had any problems with quality with them.

They have free shipping right now

I wait until they offer free shipping before I buy from BB. Sooooooo, when I retired, my team gave me a Visa gift card. Not that I need ANY more fragrances or supplies, but I've placed 2 orders from BB during this free shipping.

I actually prefer to get my stuff elsewhere, but free shipping is free shipping. :nodding:

Back on topic--

As to masculine fall scents, my hubby is a big fan of Oregon Trails Mysore Sandalwood (the best sandalwood I have ever found) and Scented Expressions has a number of palo santo variations, which he also loves. I find a lot of the "fall" scents that have to do with leaves and forests smell alike, they're OK, but nothing special. They are rhapsodized in the description, and I often fall for it, but I'm learning. And I'm not a big "foodie" scent person, so all the fall "pumpkin spice" things don't do a lot for me either.

Do you find your FO's have a pretty good shelf life? I store mine in my basement where I soap, away from sun so I hope that will help.

I like 50/50 cedarwood/bergamot essential oils. Love this thread, and ready to experiment!
Ooh, I'm going to try this. What percentage do you use? I tend to go up to 5% if I can.

I like an orange, bay rum, bergamot, lime blend, for a fall/spicy/manly scent (essential oils)

I haven't had any issues with NG's scents going off, I have some that 3 years old. I will say though that their new bottles are sucky. With their old bottles I've had no issues with the bottles degrading and deforming, the new bottles that I got in May are already starting to deform.

Do you find your FO's have a pretty good shelf life? I store mine in my basement where I soap, away from sun so I hope that will help.

For the most part they do. The plastic bottles warp out (anyone know why?) so I prefer the oils in a tinted glass bottle. The biggest issue I've had with that is that at least for Brambleberry, the oils either in the bottle or on my gloved fingers causes the labels to smear and run, so I have a few things where I have no idea what they are. :rolleyes:

For the most part they do. The plastic bottles warp out (anyone know why?) so I prefer the oils in a tinted glass bottle, but I haven't noticed the fragrance deteriorating in either. The biggest issue I've had with that is that at least for Brambleberry, the oils either in the bottle or on my gloved fingers causes the labels to smear and run, so I have a few things where I have no idea what they are. :rolleyes:

The plastic bottles warp out (anyone know why?)
Undiluted fragrance and essential oils can deteriorate some plastic surfaces, such as containers and molds. To avoid this, store fragrance and essential oils in glass containers. Of course, certain plastics can be used to store fragrance oils for a short amount of time. (source)

I prefer glass as well, although in my small space they tend not to fare well (getting bumped to the floor by my clumsy life greatly reduces a glass bottle's life expectancy).

For the most part they do. The plastic bottles warp out (anyone know why?) so I prefer the oils in a tinted glass bottle. The biggest issue I've had with that is that at least for Brambleberry, the oils either in the bottle or on my gloved fingers causes the labels to smear and run, so I have a few things where I have no idea what they are. :rolleyes:

Yes, my WSP labels smear terribly! It's a shame since they're the only vendor I'm using right now that sends FOs in glass. I just note the lot number when I receive the bottle and then I add a sticker with the name to the lid, so I'm ready for the inevitable label smearing. 😬

The biggest issue I've had with that is that at least for Brambleberry, the oils either in the bottle or on my gloved fingers causes the labels to smear and run, so I have a few things where I have no idea what they are. :rolleyes:
This is my biggest complaint with BB. But it’s not just their FOs. All of the labels for products I’ve bought from them have this issue. It’s annoying.

This is my biggest complaint with BB. But it’s not just their FOs. All of the labels for products I’ve bought from them have this issue. It’s annoying.

Absolutely. At least with a FO you can sniff it and decide if you want to use it. When the labels on the oil bottles smear, what can you do. I'm not going to put some unknown oil in a soap because how would I run it through a soap calc?

Most of us here know my biggest seller Dragon's Blood, year around seller for both men and women, also 50/50 with Nag Champa. Fierce from Soapsupplies.net was also a very good seller and Werewolf for Natures Garden. Plumeria from California Candle Supply mixed with Hardwood Musk was also very popular with both men and women. While the Hardwood Musk on his site is not my original dupe it is not bad. His Plumeria is the most realistic Plumeria I ever found with no off chemical or plastic smell to it.
Thank you so much for sharing this @cmzaha . I ordered the plumeria and the hardwood musk and am looking forward to trying it this week. I also ordered the nag champa from WSP due to your input. I wish I had known you during the time you sold Dragons Blood! I appreciate every you share .

You guys are awesome! I'm really interested in Cracklin' Birch, Werewolf and Dragon's Blood. Mostly because my wife found a bunch of FO's she wants me to try from NG. You all have given me some great options!
DB from NG is not great. I would try this one Dragon's Blood - Pure Fragrance Oil. It is pretty close to the DB I had made and is very nice, but turns darker than my DB. It sticks well, is strong, and I do not remember it accelerating. DB was my number 1 seller for both men and women.

Thank you so much for sharing this @cmzaha . I ordered the plumeria and the hardwood musk and am looking forward to trying it this week. I also ordered the nag champa from WSP due to your input. I wish I had known you during the time you sold Dragons Blood! I appreciate every you share .
I hope you like them. The Plumeria and Hardwood do accelerate so do not plan intricate swirls. I am sorry this is not the original dupe of the Hardwood but it is not bad and you should like it since you have not used the original. If you try the Plumeria Hardwood mix use it 50/50. I would love to hear if you like it.

I hope you like them. The Plumeria and Hardwood do accelerate so do not plan intricate swirls. I am sorry this is not the original dupe of the Hardwood but it is not bad and you should like it since you have not used the original. If you try the Plumeria Hardwood mix use it 50/50. I would love to hear if you like it.
I’ll let you know!

Latest posts

Back