Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MellonFriend

Reaction score
On Saturday my sister and I made a bunch of lotion bars and I made a liquid goat tallow lotion for the first time. We had way too much fun and love the results of our "work".

This first one is uncolored and scented with lavender eos.

IMG_5024.JPG

This one was our first attempt at coloring them. We didn't put quite enough in, so they are more peach than the pink we intended. These are scented with peppermint eos.
IMG_5022.JPG

And final in the lotion bar category, is the wonderful frog batch, which we could not be happier with. The shamrocks ended up having unincorporated mica in it from not enough mixing on my part, but on the other hand the frogs ended up with little brown speckles on their backs from some imperfections in the beeswax which I think makes the frogs look even more realistic. They are scented with orange and lemongrass eos, but you can really only smell the orange.
IMG_5017.JPG

And finally, here's my goat tallow lotion. I used Bumblebee Apothecary's recipe for liquid beef tallow lotion, but subbed out my home rendered goat tallow for the beef. It's so wonderful. Fast absorbing, lightweight. I think it's going to be a staple in our house. Scented with a Plant Therapy eo blend called "mountain retreat". I just whipped up a completely unnecessary little label with the help of micrsoft word, microsoft paint, my home printer paper, and some packing tape to give it a professional look. I'm really pleased!
IMG_5029.JPG
IMG_5031.JPG

Last edited:
The frog are so sticking cute. I haven't thought about adding any colorants to my Lotion Bars. Well done.

The bee, the swirl and the clover leaf! Are they all Milky Way molds? It never occurred to me that they would work for lotion bars.
The bee and the swirl are both Milky Way molds I got from WSP, and the clover is a silicone mold that came free with one of those cheap soap making supply kits from amazon. The plastic molds work great for lotion bars. I have to be careful when unmolding them or they'll jump right out when the mold is flipped over!

The bee and the swirl are both Milky Way molds I got from WSP, and the clover is a silicone mold that came free with one of those cheap soap making supply kits from amazon. The plastic molds work great for lotion bars. I have to be careful when unmolding them or they'll jump right out when the mold is flipped over!
Oh gosh, now I have a reason to expand my mold collection 😍

Back