Lifeless soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohsoap

Reaction score
I made a batch of CPHP last night and wanted to swirl the colors. I superfatted my mica with SAO, the mica is a Pearl/pink, and colored part of the batch with a medium pink. Scented Black raspberry vanilla. This morning my soap looks greyish and merky.
Q. 1 Does supperfatting with SAO change the mica colour? has any one tried it?
Q. 2 Kitten Love?! Not that it's much of a question but our last batch did not come out greyish, but a nice creamy off white with the pink swirls.
Q. 3 what is the best coloured mica/clay/dye to get to make a medium rasp/pink?

I think that my liquid dyes and my mica reacted, though I'm not sure why since it didn't happen last time.

While I am not certain what you mean by "superfatting" your mica, SAO will not alter the mica. I often use a tad of castor oil or some of the base oils (taken out before lye addition) for powdered micas.

For really "in your face pink" I love this one: http://www.tkbtrading.com/index.php?ite ... cond%3DAND The final color will be determined by how much you use, FO and base oils. Sometimes your fragrance oil or the base oil colors (yellow or green) can influence final color.

Digit

Back