January SMF Challenge -Hidden Heart Swirl

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I cut my rimmed hidden heart soap today. The two I found look good, but I didn't want to cut all the bars a second time, so I will leave the others hidden for now. It's still a bit too soft to finish the clean-up, planing and beveling, but once that's done, I think they will look pretty nice. At this point, though I am still leaning for entering my second hidden hearts soap.

GalaxyMLP, are you okay? I hope things are going well and life is full and happy.

SoapAddict415

Reaction score
Those are some very awesome hidden heart soaps! My heart is still hiding lol. I think this is a epic fail. It smells wonderful though. I used a cranberry chutney scent from Wellington fragrances.IMG_20180122_190202.jpg

DeeAnna

Reaction score
I wasn't planning to do a third try, but I did anyway yesterday afternoon. I felt frustrated that Try #2 came out so poorly and wanted to prove to myself that I can really do this, rather than just be lucky. Inadvertently annoyed DH who wanted something to eat, not some more soap. He's usually a good sport about my soaping, so his grumpy 'tude was kind of unusual. I made up to him later with a good supper. Cut the soap today -- yay! I got more hearts on Try #3.

Primrose

Reaction score
Just made another one, hope its ready to cut before the deadline because I think it may turn out better than my first attempt ... Fingers crossed. Was definitely a labour of love, while doing a column pour and holding the toilet rolls in place as they wanted to float away, I somehow managed to splash some lye milk onto my face, interestingly lye milk tastes like lemon juice, my cheek was mildly burning but I didn't dare go wash off until I'd finished LOL all kidding aside I have a pretty high tolerance to lye and soap batter and apart from a bit of a dry spot on my cheek I'm fine. Stoked to see how this one turns out!

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Jewels, I LOVE your Purple heart!

But, Oh My Gosh, I love all the entries. Each and every one of them! It is going to be so hard to vote for only three!

Here is my third attempt, which I chose not to enter, even though I do like it, as I like my second attempt more.

Rimmed Hidden Heart - 2018Jan19&20.jpg

Last edited:

mommycarlson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jewels, those purples....wow! And I love the edges of the heart, reminds me of when we were kids and we burned the edges of paper :)

toxikon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Entries are stunning so far... mine look awful by comparison LOL. Oh well, I'll saddle up and take my photo tonight. :mrgreen:

jewels621

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Jewels, I LOVE your Purple heart!

But, Oh My Gosh, I love all the entries. Each and every one of them! It is going to be so hard to vote for only three!
Thank you, earlene! I'm envious of your entry. It's beautiful.....and you're right....it's already obvious that voting will be difficult.

SoapAddict415

Reaction score
The entries all look so beautiful! I tried the challenge again when I got home from work. I'm going to unmold and cut it when I come home tomorrow. Hopefully it turns out better than my first attempt.
Earlene, I love your rimmed heart!

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Such lovely entries already. I’m hoping to get mine cleaned up tomorrow. I probably won’t have time to get photos until Thursday. So far, I am very impressed. Good job everyone :clap:

Latest posts