January SMF Challenge -Hidden Heart Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut my rimmed hidden heart soap today. The two I found look good, but I didn't want to cut all the bars a second time, so I will leave the others hidden for now. It's still a bit too soft to finish the clean-up, planing and beveling, but once that's done, I think they will look pretty nice. At this point, though I am still leaning for entering my second hidden hearts soap.

GalaxyMLP, are you okay? I hope things are going well and life is full and happy.

Those are some very awesome hidden heart soaps! My heart is still hiding lol. I think this is a epic fail. It smells wonderful though. I used a cranberry chutney scent from Wellington fragrances. IMG_20180122_190202.jpg

I wasn't planning to do a third try, but I did anyway yesterday afternoon. I felt frustrated that Try #2 came out so poorly and wanted to prove to myself that I can really do this, rather than just be lucky. Inadvertently annoyed DH who wanted something to eat, not some more soap. He's usually a good sport about my soaping, so his grumpy 'tude was kind of unusual. I made up to him later with a good supper. Cut the soap today -- yay! I got more hearts on Try #3.

Just made another one, hope its ready to cut before the deadline because I think it may turn out better than my first attempt ... Fingers crossed. Was definitely a labour of love, while doing a column pour and holding the toilet rolls in place as they wanted to float away, I somehow managed to splash some lye milk onto my face, interestingly lye milk tastes like lemon juice, my cheek was mildly burning but I didn't dare go wash off until I'd finished LOL all kidding aside I have a pretty high tolerance to lye and soap batter and apart from a bit of a dry spot on my cheek I'm fine. Stoked to see how this one turns out!

Jewels, I LOVE your Purple heart!

But, Oh My Gosh, I love all the entries. Each and every one of them! It is going to be so hard to vote for only three!

Here is my third attempt, which I chose not to enter, even though I do like it, as I like my second attempt more.

Rimmed Hidden Heart - 2018Jan19&20.jpg

Last edited:
The entries all look so beautiful! I tried the challenge again when I got home from work. I'm going to unmold and cut it when I come home tomorrow. Hopefully it turns out better than my first attempt.
Earlene, I love your rimmed heart!

Such lovely entries already. I’m hoping to get mine cleaned up tomorrow. I probably won’t have time to get photos until Thursday. So far, I am very impressed. Good job everyone :clap:

Back