January SMF Challenge -Hidden Heart Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we the passcodes sent? I went threw and deleted all my emails today in preparation for it... I might have deleted it.

Hope GalaxyMLP is well, and thanks Newbie for putting up voting page.
Since I didn't receive password PM, I wonder when does the voting ends?

Sent from my SM-G532G using Soap Making mobile app
That's a good question: since there are glitches with the photos and the passwords being sent, will that affect when the poll closes?

Because Kittish's entry is not included, I've been waiting to vote. I sure hope Kittish comes along and helps get her photo in, as I can't find it anywhere else. She hasn't been on since the voting was posted, so I assume she does not know her entry is not included. For some reason her photos in several threads have gone missing since the conversion.

To be fair, of course, the polling should remain open at least a few days more because of the conversion glitch affecting the entry photos. Not so much mine or jewels' because you all can still see those by going back to the Entry thread, but because of Kittish's entry. After all, she was the first to sign up and she worked really hard on this, just like the rest of us.

I sound like a sociopath, but I just went and put up what I could put up to get the thing going. I will certainly leave it open for a while for voting. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the first two pictures in as well. I will put Kittish in as soon as I can find or get a picture but without them, I am doomed. If anyone is familiar with SurveyMonkey and also with the recent changes to the forum and can help me, that would be great. My argument for going ahead with it is that at least I am not ripping anyone off of the chance to win a fabulous prize.

I have tried several ways to add the two pics but nothing is working, from screenshots to pinterest pages, to links to Imgur to links to the forum page.

Wait! What? Fabulous prize!?! Are you promising the winner an all expenses-paid trip to paradise? Sign me up! (Picture a Tongue-in-Cheek emoticon here.)
My argument for going ahead with it is that at least I am not ripping anyone off of the chance to win a fabulous prize.

I have tried several ways to add the two pics but nothing is working, from screenshots to pinterest pages, to links to Imgur to links to the forum page.

How frustrating for you! Thank you so much for your perseverance and dedication. I wish I was familiar with SurveyMonkey so I could be of more help.

Was this one of Kittish's entry photo's? I remember I was intrigued because she had used glow in the dark paint, and I didn't know that would work, so I took a copy to look at ...

Attachments

• Kittish 20180115_214059-1797.jpg
    Kittish 20180115_214059-1797.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • Kittish 20180123_114211-1798.jpg
    Kittish 20180123_114211-1798.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 17
SaltedFig, I am not sure if that was the entry or the reject. She may have rejected it for the wavy lines on the outer edges. (correction: my memory error - it was jewels who rejected a soap with wavy edges) And when she posted the photo (not now visible) of her reject soap (correction: it was actually overflow soap she posted a photo of), she mentioned poured overflow batter into paw print cavity molds. If you look in the Media section, you can see her photo (uploaded on Jan. 23) of that same soap next to paw print cavity molds filled at the same time, so it might be her reject soap. But I liked it either way.

In re-reading her post of Jan. 23 on this thread, YES those have to the ones, SaltedFig!

Here are some of the overflow soaps from my entry.

20180115_214134-1801.jpg

I love the puppy dog paw mold, and it's a big hit so far with kids, too.

Last edited:
SaltedFig, I am not sure if that was the entry or the reject. She may have rejected it for the wavy lines on the outer edges. And when she posted the photo (not now visible) of her reject soap, she mentioned poured overflow batter into paw print cavity molds. If you look in the Media section, you can see her photo (uploaded on Jan. 23) of that same soap next to paw print cavity molds filled at the same time, so it might be her reject soap. But I liked it either way.

That's what I was worried about, but if I remember correctly Kittish posted the glow in the dark photo in the entry thread, and didn't in the chat thread where her dog paw soap was. But I'm not at all certain. A careful review of her comments in each of the threads may help.

Hopefully Kittish can come back to help us out soon ...

Congratulations dibbles, amd and Primrose!

Congratulation to everyone who attempted this very difficult challenge and to those who produced an entry soap. Really excellent work by you all.

Also thanks Newby for saving the day.
I hope Galaxy is ok.

All votes are in. I recused myself from voting since I put together the survey and had access to the results. I wasn't certain if or how I would announce results given the issues with loading pictures and Kittish's late addition. If there had been anything other than very clear results, I was going to defer doing any placements beyond what was obvious to me. However, the results are unequivocal to me and I feel confident they would be to anyone else.

Therefore:

First place, by one vote, goes to Dibbles.
A very close Second place belongs to AMD.
Third place was captured by Primrose.

Congrats to you three, to everyone who entered, and to everyone who tried the technique even once!

Thank you to everyone for putting up with the rather untidy process of the survey this month.

Yes, I just spoke with Galaxy earlier and she is okay, thank goodness!!! Her life got crazy busy. She said she would try to get on to post today but I told her as long as we knew she was alive and well, she should post only if she had a chance. Life comes before soap.

Congratulations to all the winners and participants... I enjoyed making it. N looking at others entries too..
Hoping for an exciting feb challenge too.. Recieved my mics supplies today [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Congrats dibbles,amd, and primrose. You have some stunning soaps.
And also congrats who have entered the challenge. We have achieved something cool.

Glad to know that GalaxyMLP is alright, thanks for holding this challenge, and also thanks Newbie for putting together the survey monkey voting page. ;)

Latest posts

Back