January SMF Challenge -Hidden Heart Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whoa, the entries so far are out of the world ... maybe because is galaxy challenge? :think: :mrgreen:

Amazing stuff you guys!

So, I couldn't sleep last night and I think I came up with a way to do the "Hidden Heart Swirl" with MP. But... before I try, is it okay if I use a "non-conventional mold?" I don't have a silicone mold right now that would work for this.

So, I couldn't sleep last night and I think I came up with a way to do the "Hidden Heart Swirl" with MP. But... before I try, is it okay if I use a "non-conventional mold?" I don't have a silicone mold right now that would work for this.
Allowed molds were:

Loaf molds, Slab molds, column molds, container/makeshift molds.

So, yes, I would say a non-conventional mold fits the bill.

I can't wait to get home! I attempted the challenge again last night & I'll get to cut it today. If it turned out like my first attempt then I'll just sit back & continue to admire all of the successful soaps, they are all so colorful & beautiful!

Sent from my Z828 using Soap Making mobile app

I love MP, so I can't wait to see what you make!

Seeing everyone's entry photos makes me VERY impatient to go home and cut and photograph mine! I have attempt #1 but I'm waiting to see how #2 is, because I think its going to be better. I've got some beautiful valentines overflow soaps as well, I've really enjoyed this challenge!

DSC_0416.jpg%20edited.jpg

This is my first attempt, hopefully this attempt at getting photos uploaded works! This was made with the technique in the video. I'm happy with the hearts but unhappy I forgot to mix my TD properly :(

Oh and some heart shaped soaps with the excess batter which I think turned out really cute :)

OK so it took four hours and downloading the app by my entry is finally uploaded

Well. I'm sorry to disappoint but there will not be a MP entry for this Challenge. My heart came out looking like a pumpkin. I melted all back down. I won't have time to try again. On the bright side though I have A. learned how to make a Hidden Pumpkin & B. I always have February's Challenge! :)

Oh Katt that hidden pumpkin comment made my day :D please don't apologise or feel bad, we all know how soaping - and life - goes! Please share a photo of your pumpkin soap :D

Hey, hidden pumpkins are way better than hidden blobs! ;)

Lovely entries this month, y'all! I'm having a blast seeing all the ways people are interpreting this Challenge. And I'm getting great ideas about lovely color combinations -- you are giving me more courage to be bolder with the colors I use.

And that reminds me -- I need to get my pics taken and uploaded too.....

Okay, somebody put me out of my misery.

Is Red Lake 30 a bleeding colorant?

My third batch went really well -- nice pour, pretty hearts, etc. But in the several days since I unmolded and cut the soap, the color has changed from a cute blue and white theme with accents of pink (that red lake!), lavender, and aqua ... to a dull, muddy blue-purplish mess.

I was soooo looking forward to adding a pretty pink to my soaping colorants, and I didn't do my research before I bought. :think:

Yay! I got a heart but my third color didn't show so I can't enter it into the challenge. Oh well, guess I'll just have to continue to admire all of the very beautiful & successful soaps!

Latest posts

Back