Hobbit's Garden: Elemental Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danahuff

Reaction score
I started to add this to one of the other threads, but then I thought that might sort of be hijacking a thread, so I started a new one. Potential idea: Maybe we could start threads for each week of the Soap Challenge 2013? Just a thought.

Anyway, here is my challenge soap, Hobbit's Garden.

My inspiration was the original first edition cover of The Hobbit drawn by J.R.R. Tolkien. I split the green and blue layers into different scents. The green layer has English Ivy and Apples and Oak, and the blue layer is Kentish Rain. I really like this one. I hope folks buy it because I would like to make it again, I think.

2013-04-07 18.38.17.jpg

Thats very pretty Dana. Love the definition of the swirls. I have a question, maybe you will have an answer. When I made mine, I only scented the top half of the soap (mostly because I forgot the FO but still, lol) However ,some of it seeped into the unscented part. I wonder if it's because my fragerence concentration was too high or just because it can happen that scents mingle. Did your scents find each other and mingle?If not, how do the scents smell together?

Thats very pretty Dana. Love the definition of the swirls. I have a question, maybe you will have an answer. When I made mine, I only scented the top half of the soap (mostly because I forgot the FO but still, lol) However ,some of it seeped into the unscented part. I wonder if it's because my fragerence concentration was too high or just because it can happen that scents mingle. Did your scents find each other and mingle?If not, how do the scents smell together?

I think they kind of did, but I can still distinguish differences in the top and bottom. I don't know. It was sort of an experiment. When I sniff it, I smell all of the scents together.

I know a lot of people do not scent all of their soap when they have an FO that has vanillin in it so the whole soap isn't brown. Then, they might swirl the color with the natural soap, which turns brown. However, you can't tell they did that when you sniff it.

Dana that is fantastic! I absolutely love it and the definition you got with your ITP swirl is fantastic!

Thanks, Lindy, that means a lot. I admire your soaps so much. It's funny how swirls just do what they do. I wasn't sure they would come out quite that defined.

Wow, this is beautiful, Dana and I love the idea as well! I hope it sells so you can make it again, also :)

Oh wow Dana! Thank you! You always make such wonderful soaps. I loved your pride & prejudice soaps (favourite movie) your Tiger Stripe was so bright and pretty plus, well all of them.

Back