help, plz! has anyone seen these molds?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heartsong

Reaction score
i could just kick myself for not writing the site down, and have "googled" my wits loose trying to find it again!

these were long (i'm guessing 8-10") tube molds in the shape of a flower, heart, circle and some other shapes for embeds. you pour your soap into the mold and after it sets up you could push them out and slice them any thickness.

these were approx 1" to 1-1/2" diameter. i was thinking this would be neat to fill half a log mold, place the "tube" soap in the middle and then pour over it until mold is filled.

any help would be most appreciated!

goplanetearth.com

Do you know it is the single hardest thing on the whole planet to gt the soap back out of those little tubes smiley here)?

x

thanks a bunch you guys!!!! soap TUBES! i was beginning to think i had dreamed the whole thing up! LOL!

tabitha: i have some food grade silicone spray that i thought i would try. also i wouldn't do a water discount so that i would get maximum shrinkage as the water evaporated, the soap should shrink somewhat. what do you think?

Sounds like a plan. I used the for M&P & literaly hurt myself everytime I used the :? .

Use a paper towel with some petroleum jelly to swab the inside first. It won't saponify.

Once gel is complete (if you gel) you can also put the (filled) mold in the freezer for a while then quickly run under hot water when you want to unmold them.

I also find that not letting the soap get to the pudding stage before pouring also helps to insure easier unmolding.

x

i just ordered 3 small hearts and 3 small circles. if i can ever get ahead of my obligations i'll post my results back here.

i want to set aside a really special batch that i can have ready for one of our swaps. as it is right now, it'll be the middle or end of february before i'm caught up. (sigh!)

x

mickey: thanks! i'l try the petroleum and freezer method.

carebear: i ordered from bittercreek, because i'v been going to order some more f/o's from them and kept putting it off til after the holidays. now i have an excuse!

Latest posts

Back