Heartfelt condolences to our British and Commonwealth members...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While she has had a long life of service and adventure, I'm still very sad to know that Queen Elizabeth has passed away. You have my respect and condolences at this time.
I send our friends in England my condolences, too. I very much respected and admired her. The Queen guided her people through some unusual times and remained a true Queen in all regards. I am very sad and hope her family will become stronger because of her guidance.

End of an era.
I remember seeing her coronation on TV in 1952. I was 9 years old.
Long live King Charles III
Long live the King and God bless and Rest In Peace to Queen Elizabeth.

I don't know anyone or even have met anyone who has lived in a world without her. 🇬🇧 👑 🖤
That’s how I feel! I could always look to her and think of a stalwart rock, always there and doing her best for her country.

I have long admired Queen Elizabeth's devotion and sense of duty to her country and the personal sacrifices she has had to make. When I was a little girl, I used to have pretend tea parties with her and would spend hours practicing my curtsy. Even as an independent American, she would been the only monarch I would have ever taken a knee for.

God bless the Queen, may she rest in peace. Long live the King.

She was one hard working no nonsense lady with more energy then the whole world together. Although I don’t agree much with Kingdoms, I did feel a lot of respect for her. She couldn’t help to be born into Kingship.
I believe after Philip died she became frail very quickly. She was a Queen to many people, I think she was everyone’s Queen. God bless her!
Charles is a nice gentleman and he loves his eco farming and produces vegetables for a few chains like Waitrose or Marks and Spencer I read somewhere. I think that’s where he’s at his best. He’s a real nature man.

8 September 2022 - RIP Queen of Hearts

Q of Hearts.jpeg

I saw this and think it makes a good statement. (Sheila Goss is the name I saw it posted under on FB)
This made me cry too. In a way, her passing is not too unexpected given the loss of her husband the previous year. It is not unusual with marriages of such a long duration, for one spouse to follow the other with a short time.

My condolences to those who called her HRH.
To me and my maternal grandmother she embodied everything that a woman needed to be and do for others, yet lead by example and grace.
My grandmother died when I was 17 but I looked up to Her Majesty as a sort of surrogate because she reminded me that no matter what, you carried on, just like my grandmother taught me.
The world won't be the same without Her.
I withhold judgment on HRH King Charles III but, out of respect, Long live the King.

End of an era.
I remember seeing her coronation on TV in 1952. I was 9 years old.
Long live King Charles III
Correction: HRH's coronation was in 1953 and I was 10 at the time.

Watching a review of her life on TV this weekend was like watching my own life -- there were so many shared experiences. One stands out. On 60 Minutes last evening they presented a program about the Firefighters who courageously entered the burning towers on 9/11. There were 750 in all. About half of them survived.

In response to the tragedy of 9/11, Queen Elizabeth ordered "The Star-Spangled Banner" be played during the Changing of the Guards.

Latest posts

Back