Gloriously Creamy!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAShillito

Reaction score
Made zany's castille last night with 100% oo(40% 9f that being the calendula infused oil I made Monday). I poured at 4 pm Tuesday and we cut at 630 am. Looks so creamy. Smells yummy.. My daughter said it looks like butter!

Attachments

• 20210428_070242.jpg
    20210428_070242.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210427_214705.jpg
    20210427_214705.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 24
The loaf does look like a stick of butter. :) I made the 80% OO version with 15% CO and 5% castor. It was a lovely bar even at 9 days, when I first started testing it.

Does anyone want to share recepie for a very creamy soap???

Besides ZNSC which Alioop shared the link for, I'd suggest searching the forum for lard recipes. Start with Zaney's Trinity (search the forum, sorry I can't link) and go from there. Lard makes very creamy lather.

Hope

The loaf does look like a stick of butter. :) I made the 80% OO version with 15% CO and 5% castor. It was a lovely bar even at 9 days, when I first started testing it.

Hmmmmmm i made mine with 0-10% coconut. I was about to make some more (making thank yous for health care workers) so now you've inspired me to try the schmidge higher coconut. I do like some bubbles. I make my water with double the BS/salt and then do 50/50 water/aloe juice split which also bumps the bubbles and feel. I might be addicted to this soap. :D

Hope

I make my water with double the BS/salt and then do 50/50 water/aloe juice split which also bumps the bubbles and feel.
I don't like having to make different batches of water, so to match the original ratios provided by Zany, I add baking soda at 1.7% of my total water, and sea salt at 1.9% of my total water. How I determined those numbers is in this thread. :)

I don't like having to make different batches of water, so to match the original ratios provided by Zany, I add baking soda at 1.7% of my total water, and sea salt at 1.9% of my total water. How I determined those numbers is in this thread. :)

It's not really different batches of water. I weigh out the water to a few grams more than the lye amount then add aloe juice to the water until I get to the total water amount. It's just pouring from two different jugs.

Hope

You said that you make the sea water ahead of time. That's the part I don't want to do - the part that I was referring to as making different batches of water. :)

You also mentioned that you double the salt/bicarb from the original recipe. The original recipe called for a quart of water, so if you are making a batch that uses significantly more or less than a quart of water, then your ratios of salt/bicarb/water will not be true to the original recipe. Which is totally fine if it works for you. I just want to be sure that others who may be reading this don't think they can make any batch size, large or small, and not have to adjust the ratios of salt and bicarb to match the amount of water they are actually using in the recipe. Does that clarify?

You said that you make the sea water ahead of time. That's the part I don't want to do - the part that I was referring to as making different batches of water. :)

You also mentioned that you double the salt/bicarb from the original recipe. The original recipe called for a quart of water, so if you are making a batch that uses significantly more or less than a quart of water, then your ratios of salt/bicarb/water will not be true to the original recipe.

Oh that makes sense. See it would annoy me to make the sea water every time I need it. So I keep a jug in the fridge and I just have to grab it.

I must not have been clear on what I do. I use 1 quart of water but double the additives. When I make the soap I use the sea water 1:1 with lye then the remaining liquid I use aloe juice. It does end up with slightly more BS and salt but I get the lovely extra bubbles from the aloe juice and it behaves the same as making it exactly to the original formula. I've tried using all water and adding aloe leaf 100x and that worked too. That's likely the direction I'll take once my aloe juice is used up.

Hope

I

Oh that makes sense. See it would annoy me to make the sea water every time I need it. So I keep a jug in the fridge and I just have to grab it.

I must not have been clear on what I do. I use 1 quart of water but double the additives. When I make the soap I use the sea water 1:1 with lye then the remaining liquid I use aloe juice. It does end up with slightly more BS and salt but I get the lovely extra bubbles from the aloe juice and it behaves the same as making it exactly to the original formula. I've tried using all water and adding aloe leaf 100x and that worked too. That's likely the direction I'll take once my aloe juice is used up.
Yup, that way works, too. And thanks for the tip about using aloe powder in water, rather than AVJ. I might have to give that a try.

Back