Instant Pot Infusion Experiment

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAShillito

Reaction score
I was googling last night on how to speed up herbal oil infusions as I have only one free windowsill that my succulents own lol.
I stuffed a 1 Liter ( 33 oz) jar with calendula flowers, covered with olive oil and put in my Instant Pot on the slow cook feature for 4 hours. This am I strained it and tucked it in my cabinet. It smells sweet and nutty. Going to use in Zany's castille recipe at some point. Pic is a comparison
I went to joybileefarm.com if anyone is interested

Attachments

• 20210427_115531.jpg
    20210427_115531.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 25
I usually just use jars in my crock pot.
Put my jars of herbs and oil in the Crock-Pot then fill with water about halfway up the jars.
It's usually done in about 4 hours but I usually just turn it on before bed and turn it off in the morning.
It's been working well for me for a long time especially for medicinal salves.

I have a bag of calendula powder. Can I use this same method to infuse the powder?
Absolutely! The slow cooker function of your IP, or just a regular slow cooker on low, works great for a heat infusions, including calendula, dandelion, lavender, and other powders made from dried, crushed flowers, leaves, and stems.

Absolutely! The slow cooker function of your IP, or just a regular slow cooker on low, works great for a heat infusions, including calendula, dandelion, lavender, and other powders made from dried, crushed flowers, leaves, and stems.
Thank you. @AliOop. Does it need to be infused in a jar, or could I put the oil and powder directly in the pot of my IP?

I added 4 cups of water to my Instant Pot liner and preheated it on the saute button. The after it was warmed for about 15 minutes I turned on the slow cook function and added my jar of oil and petals

Thank you. @AliOop. Does it need to be infused in a jar, or could I put the oil and powder directly in the pot of my IP?
Why would you want to do that?
Using a jar is much cleaner and easier.
Plus it's in a jar ready for filtering and storage.
Otherwise your going to have to pour it out into a jar anyway and then your cleaning oil and plant matter out of your Instapot.
No thanks on that!

Latest posts

Back