FO Winners & Losers

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am trying to find a Dragon's Blood FO that smells like actual Dragon's Blood instead of patchouli mixed with other random things. Have you ever smelled real Dragon's Blood resin? Would you say the NG version is accurate or is it another patchouli blend?
It is interesting you mention real DB resin as I have really never noticed much scent from the resin itself, but maybe that is just me. You might want to try the DB from California Candle supply. It is very similar to the one I have, but no longer sell any of mine, other than by very special request, and does not smell like Patch. It is more floral and extremely popular. The one Cal Candle sells now is a little lighter in scent than our original formula due to the cost of manufacturing but is still very nice and worth trying. If you happen to try it, his Caramel Tobacco is to die for, and the Hardwood Musk is worth trying. Again the Hardwood Musk is not the original dupe, but very close, I had but it is worth trying, it is another one the cost became prohibitive with the original formula. I cherish my last few ounces of HM.

Quanta

Reaction score
It is interesting you mention real DB resin as I have really never noticed much scent from the resin itself, but maybe that is just me. You might want to try the DB from California Candle supply. It is very similar to the one I have, but no longer sell any of mine, other than by very special request, and does not smell like Patch. It is more floral and extremely popular. The one Cal Candle sells now is a little lighter in scent than our original formula due to the cost of manufacturing but is still very nice and worth trying. If you happen to try it, his Caramel Tobacco is to die for, and the Hardwood Musk is worth trying. Again the Hardwood Musk is not the original dupe, but very close, I had but it is worth trying, it is another one the cost became prohibitive with the original formula. I cherish my last few ounces of HM.
Did you smell the resin being burned as incense, or did you just smell a piece of it? It's always stronger in use.