FO and burning sensation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapwn

Reaction score
During my experimentation period on shaving soaps I made a batch that produces excellent lather but I leaves a burning sensation when applied on the face.

The major difference that I noticed compared to other batches with no burning is that in that particular I exaggerated with the frangrance oils.
I added two FO, almond and cherry, and quite the double percentage from what the dealer recommended.

So I think that this is the reason for the constant burning sensation on my face when applying the lather.

Has anyone else ever notice burning sensation from FOs?

Is there any idea to overcome this problem? Could I add something to the cream/soap to eliminate the burning?

This is a soft cream/soap with 100% KOH and I could add some oils and mix it all together.

Thank you.

If you doubled the recommended percentage, you'll need to add the same amount of unscented soap.

Thank you.
Off course I thought about that, but I don’t wish to make another kilogram of soap.

Any other suggestion?

I think the culprit might be the cherry FO I have had that same experience with cherry. As Dagmar stated you may have to add more soap to balance it out.

I would make a small unscented batch of your base recipe for use on the face to see how it feels before rebatching this one.

Many people prefer unscented soap on the face as the skin is more sensitive.

Latest posts

Back