Quantcast

Does Coconut Milk Speed up Trace?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Cherry Pit Soap Works

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Does anyone know if coconut milk speeds up trace? And does lowering soap temp avoid this problem if it does happen?

Thanks!

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used coconut milk in several soaps, and never noticed any change. The only things I have had speed up trace are EOs.

Last edited:

Hermanam

Reaction score
This post caught my eye because the few times I have used coconut milk it has accelerated trace every time. I add the CM to the oils and stick blend, then add the lye, all at room temp. Every time, things start moving really fast...too fast. Would love to know what I am doing wrong too.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep I have had the canned coconut milk speed trace. I just use the coconut milk in the refrigerated milk section. The canned coconut contains gums and cellulose which are thickners

Hermanam

Reaction score
Mine is canned, but no additives or guar gum...I specifically checked for that when I bought it. Would love to make a nice CM soap that behaves :)

seven

Reaction score
it sped up trace a bit, not so much in my case. to tackle this i made sure to soap cool, use a thinner cm (the kind i have is more in the consistency of coco cream, very thick oob) by adding some water in to the milk.
but yeah, essentially, if i wanna do intricate designs i dont use cm.