DO NOT drop your red mica!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tis the season for dropsies. My little cup.of green mica slipped out of my hand and into the hot soap jug. Luckily it was supposed to go in there but shiny green mica went everywhere in the short fall. I recommend the bucket soak too so you don't have to bleach your washer. And I feel your pain. I'm glad you still have loads of your mica to soap with.

It's also the season for tripping (falling) up stairs. Who started this string of the clumsies?!?

I tripped & fell forward this morning going up 2 steps from my garage into my house & am lucky my head is hard enough to survive the blow when skull met wooden doorframe. I can only say, I am very glad I do not live in a house made of concrete. I expected a far worse headache than I ended up with & no visible bruise through my very short hair & no bump. I was sure I was going to have big old goose egg of a bump. The slight pressure behind my left eye and a bit of dizzyness & nausea are all gone, well maybe the pressure behind the left eye feels as though it has been lingering. I am beginning to think my baby brother has the right idea and a single story house is the best option as we age (he and I, not the rest of y'all.)

Thankfully I was not carrying an open container of mica or lye when that happened! In fact, I know better than carrying anything not well contained (with a secure lid) when I walk up or down stairs, even on my most agile of days.

Well, I am happy to report I finished a soaping session just now with no accidents or klutziness, unlike some other folks I know.... I am thankful to have my basement soap shop, converting a wood shop for my purposes. Since remodeling our kitchen (you may remember, WE BOUGHT A HOUSE WITH NO KITCHEN), I've been paranoid to soap in it, plus I got attached to my trusty hotplate.

And, @earlene -- yikeskers! Please rest and heal soon,

Latest posts

Back