Dancing Wave Technique

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, I like how she uses elevation for the technique. Thanks for sharing.:)

I liked that, too. However, I thought it was very interesting that instead of pulling the second slat out to level out the batter, she elevated the opposite end with the first pulled slat. I wonder if the waves have less movement; therefore, less distortion of the pattern, or if it is just a personal preference. I'm going to have to track down her blog/page to see if anyone has asked her that question and what she said. If no one has asked, perhaps I will.

It is a very cool looking soap. I never would have thought of using scraps of 1/4 inch wide wooden slats as elevators until looking at this. But it makes perfect sense since (1) you can stack them as high as you need to for your effect (2) get them as long as you need to for your molds. I think a trip to Ace for some 12x2x1/4 slats are in my near future. (Or paint stirrers--they're free!! I can trade some soap and a smile for a crapload of them.)

Last edited:
I liked that, too. However, I thought it was very interesting that instead of pulling the second slat out to level out the batter, she elevated the opposite end with the first pulled slat. I wonder if the waves have less movement; therefore, less distortion of the pattern, or if it is just a personal preference. I'm going to have to track down her blog/page to see if anyone has asked her that question and what she said. If no one has asked, perhaps I will.

It is a very cool looking soap. I never would have thought of using scraps of 1/4 inch wide wooden slats as elevators until looking at this. But it makes perfect sense since (1) you can stack them as high as you need to for your effect (2) get them as long as you need to for your molds. I think a trip to Ace for some 12x2x1/4 slats are in my near future. (Or paint stirrers--they're free!! I can trade some soap and a smile for a crapload of them.)
if you go to Ace, sometimes they have scraps for free.

I gave it a try. I didn't get the waves I was hoping for, but I finally have a tall and skinny shimmy even if it is sideways. I decided to play with a skewer on one of the loaves. Can't seem to help myself. I did learn a few things and will try again.

IMG_20160924_144133106.jpg

I gave it a try. I didn't get the waves I was hoping for, but I finally have a tall and skinny shimmy even if it is sideways. I decided to play with a skewer on one of the loaves. Can't seem to help myself. I did learn a few things and will try again.

I knew it wasn't going to be as easy as she made it look! :)
Good job. Maybe you need Teresa's teacher to come and make you sit on your hands after the pour to stop you tweeking with that skewer!

PJ

Latest posts

Back