Dancing Wave Technique

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasting too much time on YouTube, and saw this. Thought I'd share, since I haven't seen it before. It seems like a pretty do-able technique if you can keep your batter fluid. I think the soap is pretty.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M9E40qdvQE[/ame]

CaraBou

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It looks fool proof, doesn't it? I just might have to test that theory, lol!

navigator9

Reaction score
All of these "foolproof" techniques look easy when someone else is doing them. When it comes to me...not so much. But I have to say, that the pouring techniques do look easier than the swirling ones, to me at least. I might give this one a try. Maybe.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Looks fairly easy and the effect is beautiful.

DeeAnna

Reaction score
It was a fun video to watch. I like how the soaper showed two different versions of the technique. Thank you for sharing this, Dibbles!

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. Looks like something I might be able to do. Will be giving it a try. For sure.

dillsandwitch

Reaction score
Looks interesting. Not sure I like that she only gets 4 bars from the loaf. Seems like alot of effort for only a few bars of soap. Just my opinion though

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not quite getting how they're cut to look like that. I'd love to try that out sometime, hopefully soon.

Crux

Reaction score
Hello, can you tell me how the cutter is called which she is using in the video?

DeeAnna

Reaction score
It's a slab pour. The soap is only as deep as the finished bars are thick -- maybe 1 1/4" deep. The soaper is cutting the soap into bars just like you would cut a pan of brownies or sheet cake.

I suppose you could pour the soap to twice the thickness that you want the bars -- 2 1/2" deep -- and then split the soap horizontally into two sheets that are 1 1/4" deep. Then cut the two sheets like brownies. I bet the crisp waves will look best on the top sheet, however.

I'm not quite getting how they're cut to look like that. I'd love to try that out sometime, hopefully soon.

Last edited:

Spice

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I like how she uses elevation for the technique. Thanks for sharing.:)