CP soap on the slant technique?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2ff91ada216aa647f5d197af51796144.jpg

Anyone know how this slant techniqe is done with CP?

I imagine it would be pretty easy to use MP soap for the slants, but I'm thinking CP soap might need to wait a day before pouring each layer. Would I need to do something special to make sure the layers adhere to each other when cutting? I really want to try this and have had no luck with google searchin for a tutorial :(

I'll definitely try it asap and report back with pictures :)

DW, do I not need to worry about the layers adhering together? I just assumed I'd have to do multiple batches because I imagined the soap would harden up too much to pour after waiting for the previous layer to set up enough to change the angle of the mold. Am I way off?

Haven't tried it, but, yes, I worry about that too. I would wait the minimum time necessary to let the lower layer solidify before adding the next. Spraying with alcohol before adding each layer might help, and you might also try refrigeration between layers. Just ideas, not recommendations. Good luck.

Spraying with alcohol to adhere layers only works with MP. Honestly, you can just pour a layer, come back the hours later or even the next day if you want & pour another layer.
But gelling your soaps when doing layers where you wait a while between them will help the layers adhere together.

But gelling your soaps when doing layers where you wait a while between them will help the layers adhere together.

Do you mean like stick the whole thing in the oven for an hour (ala CPOP) after all the layers are poured? That seems like it would work...but would I need to refrigerate after each layer to prevent gel when doing them the same day THEN CPOP?

Genny, thank you so much for your advice! If you have a blog or youtube channel I seriously recommend posting a tutorial on diagonal layers. There are so many amazing diagonal layered soap pictures on Pinterest and it's like Google knows nothing about it :( Automatic page one! :)

Nope, don't have a youtube channel & my blog's not soap related. There is a video on youtube about it, because that's where I learned. I'll have to go find it.

I think you could also make a triangle slab to embed if you didn't want to do layers. I've had good luck with angling my mold but never got anything close to your photo. Nice looking soap by the way.

Thanks all. I think I'll try it this weekend all in one day if I can get my husband to occupy the little one for that long. I'll post photos and hopefully they won't turn out to be eternal evidence of my soaping failures :oops:

You think I should use a fairly "hard bar" recipe? Or any recipe recommendations that you think would suit the whole slant experiment?

I've done this before. I did one last year that was a Tomato Leaf FO/Spearmint combo. I made half of it solid green, and did an in-the-
pot swirl (green and white) for the other side.

I wait long enough to clean up the pot and utensils from the first batch, then make the second and pour it. Only problem I've ever had with layers separating was when I waited 24 hours between layers - that was too long!

I'm not sure if I have any left, but it's on the list for restocking. If I have some left, I'll try to post a picture.

Anita

P.S. Turned out I had a picture of this in my Photobucket account.

IMG_1613.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back