Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The virus has now made its way to Colorado. Thought it would be a bit yet before that happened but guess I was wrong.
Only 1 case in Snowmass, they caught it very quickly, was quarantined almost immediately.
Honestly with our airport being an international airport I surprised it didn't get here faster.

Only 1 case in Snowmass, they caught it very quickly, was quarantined almost immediately.
Honestly with our airport being an international airport I surprised it didn't get here faster.

There is a 2nd case reported today. A lady in Douglas county that just came back from a cruise.

Yeah, good point about DIA.

We have 2 confirmed cases in NY from when I checked earlier. At least I think we do. I know for sure at least one and in NYC. If anyone is coming to the NYC area, be vigilant and aware of your surroundings. Coronavirus aside, the biggest threat is going to be crazies or scumbags.

By the way, is this article credible, if any of you know?

Which makes no sense at all. This is a respiratory virus, NOT the flu. People panicking without taking the time to actually research it.
It does bring to question what kind of flu people think they are contending with (I know COVID-19 is not a flu). It might be smart (fun) to see if their is anymore TP in Target. I want a cultural comparison.

I can't get loo roll anywhere!!:eek:
Is this also why I went to three different stores and couldn't find chocolate almond milk? :p

My boss has been in Germany since the beginning of Chinese New Year, is finally getting to come back to China. Not sure yet if he will be quarantined for 2 weeks when he gets there. Both of our mfg facilities are 100% running this week, as well as the design center staff is back in the office as of Weds. My company has issued a "no customer visit" policy for Europe/China sales team, but no restrictions yet for US or other countries. For the Eu team, if travel is for personal reasons, they must provide proof of health before returning to work. And they continue to advise for common sense, good hygiene practices, and DO NOT PANIC.

It probably was. There's 2 strains, S and L, L being more severe. People with S may have never suspected they had Covid 19, therefore their case wasn't on the radar.

There's a channel on YouTube, Dr. John Campbell, 30 year clinical nurse and instructor who has videos done with enough medical science to feed my preferences for facts without hype. And he's easy to understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a channel on YouTube, Dr. John Campbell, 30 year clinical nurse and instructor who has videos done with enough medical science to feed my preferences for facts without hype. And he's easy to understand.
He is who I have been watching as well for information. Actually listening to his daily update right now.

I can't get loo roll anywhere!!:eek:

Luckily its still here but is starting to sell more. Saw a lady with 5 huge packages, its all the store would sell to each customer.

I have bought extra myself but only because I'm worried about it being sold out in a panic. I'm not hording it by any means.

Can't find hand sanitizer anywhere in the county. I bought a huge bottle a month ago but I'd like a bottle for my 90 yr old grandmother.

Which makes no sense at all. This is a respiratory virus, NOT the flu. People panicking without taking the time to actually research it.
Maybe they are stockpiling TP in case they get quarantined? I better go get a few extra rolls! After reading your comment about coronavirus NOT being a flu, I started thinking what was the difference? Looked it up and while both are respiratory viruses, the corona virus causes shortness of breath. That IS very different from flu. Last time I had flu I was so miserably sick with fever, head and body aches, cough and malaise. But NOT shortness of breath, which is a very scary symptom.

Having a stock of tissues seems at least as important as having a stock of tp! I’m making sure that I have the basics on hand in case we get sick and need to stay away from others. We also don’t have any family in the area to shop for us.

Well in the absence of loo roll I have bought my family a squirty bottle each which they can fill with pleasantly warm water
What a great idea, like a bidet without any expensive plumbing redo!
I read about people who avoid TP, to save trees. Instead they use reusable, washable rags...That would make me hate doing the laundry, for sure.

By the way, is this article credible, if any of you know?

They have now contributed it to bats, not pangolins.

Is this also why I went to three different stores and couldn't find chocolate almond milk? :p

Not chocolate and not almond but I found shelf stable dairy milk at the dollar tree yesterday.
Good for a year at room temp or until opened. Its probably gross but I bought a couple for my apocalypse stock.

They have now contributed it to bats, not pangolins.
@Arimara
Based on what I read, they’re looking at pangolins as possible intermediary hosts between bats and humans. I am aware that intermediate hosts sometimes play a role in the transmission of diseases to marine animals and that it can be quite difficult to trace these pathways of infection because of the large number of species that might act as intermediate hosts.

Never mind....

Well in the absence of loo roll I have bought my family a squirty bottle each which they can fill with pleasantly warm water and squirt at the necessary places!! You never know, we might never feel the need for paper again:dance:

You can buy the attachment for your toilet (no special plumbing needed).

Latest posts

Back