Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are very lucky, we have the ability to work from home. There are so many companies out there that either don't allow for that or make you take PTO if you are staying home, etc,
Not to mention those that physically have to be at work.

Hubby went to Costco yesterday. There was no paper towels, toilet paper or tissues. I went to the grocery store today. Toilet paper was limited to one package per day (at least they had some) and there were plenty of the other paper products. There are 5 confirmed/presumptive cases in MN as of this morning.

Not to mention those that physically have to be at work.
Like my husband. He works manual labor, no way to "work from home" so he would have to use PTO or be out of a job. Many many people are in that situation and I feel so horrible for them. Can't afford to be sick, can't afford to be out of work, but are told to stay away.. :(

I'm getting really fed up with the panic buying already. I just want a dang bottle of hand sanitizer for my 92 yr old grandma.

Not that she is going out and doing stuff but it would make her feel better to have a supply. At least she has a little left and I always have some on hand when I take her to town.

I'm getting really fed up with the panic buying already. I just want a dang bottle of hand sanitizer for my 92 yr old grandma.

Not that she is going out and doing stuff but it would make her feel better to have a supply. At least she has a little left and I always have some on hand when I take her to town.
I will see if I can find some out here. If I do, I'll let you know. Can mail it to you. :)

I live in Slovenia, bordering Italy. As of today schools are closed and so are universities and most kindergartens. No public events, no gatherings, no holy masses for public. I have diabetes, heart disease and am old. At risk by all three factors. I do what I can, pray and hope for the best.

44 presumptive cases now in Colorado. About half in the Denver area, the other half in the mountain areas.
Some schools closing and most public events cancelled ... will probably be all soon.

We were within minutes of getting our house under contract, and the buyers backed out ... said we are headed for a recession due to the virus and this is a bad time to buy a house. :(

I live in upper Michigan, 2 cases were announced in lower Michigan yesterday. My husband works at Walmart, there was a run on tp, paper towels, and hand sanitizer. He picked up beans and rice just in case today, if nothing else we have food.

I am trying to not not allow myself to be manipulated by fear or panic, but sensible is good. I thought carrying a little spray bottle of alcohol and a cleaning rag in my purse would be good, have you read the statistics about grocery store cart handles? The toilets are cleaner, so I will wipe my cart down before shopping. Also we have touch screens here for paying utilities and banking, not going to do that without a wipe. I already clean my phone regularly.

As a soaper, I prefer soap and water over hand sanitizer. Unless there is no water...... but that's rare. Best to everyone, be safe and be calm.

"...For the vast majority of people nationwide and worldwide, this virus is not about you. This is one of those times in life, in history, when your actions are about something bigger. They are about someone else. They are about something greater, a greater good that you may not ever witness. A person you will save who you will never meet...."

http://gretchenschmelzer.com/blog-1/2020/3/10/can-we-make-this-our-finest-hour

I was behind a man checking out at the grocery store. He was wearing gloves (which is fine), and had evidently already stockpiled all the TP, etc. he thought he would need, and was just stocking up on his essentials in case of quarantine. He bought 2 big packages of bologna, 6 bags of Frito's, a case of Spaghettio's, a loaf of bread and 2 boxes of frozen fudge bars. To each his own I guess :confused:

My niece said she read that the biggest gain in grocery sales was gummy bears. The biggest decline was celery.

And, I confess, I kind of wish I had bought a box or two of mac and cheese.

Latest posts

Back