Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm not mistaken, these soaps are from this blog.... http://www.jabonesramy.com/ I've been fascinated by several of the techniques shown there, and if you look, you'll see that there is a course offered. Unfortunately for me, the course includes other techniques that I'm not particularly interested in, and costs 115 Euros, or about $126. There are some techniques I've never seen done anywhere else, like the one in the pic that you posted. Really beautiful! And I can't figure out for the life of me, how they're done.

I just looked through several pages of that website and its got me hooked! Usually I don't like bold and purposeful looking swirls...but maybe its her knack with color that really makes them work. I'm tempted to save up for her/his class. And a slab mold.

I've been in a soaping rut for a couple months and not feeling experimental or
creative; which is great for the Sudanese as I've made lots of plain janes for them (lard and tallow make a gorgeous white soap!) But I'd like to get some soaping mojo back!

Chufa nut oil?!!

I'm gonna need a slab mold.

Darn! Just realized my little one has 2 weeks spring break coming up. And she's more interested in learning to cook than soaping right now.

To me, it looks as if the mold was first propped up at an angle and the first layers were poured in. Then it was tilted the other way and the next layers, then tilted back to the original position, and the third set poured. Then tilted back the opposite direction and the fourth set poured before being set upright to pour the final little set.

Mind you, I would imagine it's at a med - thick trace to hold those shapes, and they possibly used a funnel to pour. And obviously, the layers were poured the length of the mold in one maybe two passes.

The website is written in (what looks to me like) Spanish so I can't read about it! Anyway, love the colours and swirls!

I have nothing to add as far as figuring out how the soap was made (though it does look awesome)... But I did want to confirm that your suspicious are right and that it is Spanish. :) I'm going to work to see if I can understand what they're saying (as I'm nowhere near fluent)...

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1427406241.535210.jpg

I'll bet a pancake batter dispenser, one for each color would make nice uniform lines down the length of the mold.

If anyone cracks the technique PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, let me know. I'll work on it too! Thanks for your input everyone! I'm going to look at his/her other posts. I might try the google translate suggestion...

Ah, but how on earth would you make the one on this page that's labeled Modulo 15. http://www.cursodejabon.com/contenido/ Rodeles 5 embudos translates to "rodeles 5 funnels", so we know that 5 funnels are used......but how????????? I would almost pay for the whole course just for these two techniques.....almost.

I think with a funnel similar to this. . .
The top would need to be cut so all the funnels could fit but I think it is probably done with just very long tubes to reach the bottom so the pour can be controlled.

DSCF1325.jpg

DSCF1326.jpg

If you go to the top right of the page there is a gb flag and it brings up the English translation. The Aqua blue one talks about a tilted mould.

I think with a funnel similar to this. . .
The top would need to be cut so all the funnels could fit but I think it is probably done with just very long tubes to reach the bottom so the pour can be controlled.

Hmmm.....I'm thinking you may be onto something with the idea about the long tubes. Maybe a large PVC pipe with smaller ones as the tubes?

My guess for the 5 funnel is that the term funnel is used loosely. I think they use 5 tubes that are fit inside a larger round. The surrounding color is poured and the tubes filled up. When all the soap is to the top of the mold, you carefully pull each of the five tubes straight up and the soap inside would be left placed where it is and held in the shape by the surrounding base soap. I wonder what type of tubes he uses? Something that soap doesn't cling to super well to get such a clean look. I've done something like this in a slab but used short tubes of paper towel tubing. That works too but a lot of soap clings to the paper and it's not the cleanest exit.

I think this is soft and pretty.

Screen shot 2015-02-08 at 2.10.21 PM.jpg

I love Auntie Clara's soaps - especially this one!
I think she has a tutorial on this one or I saw it some where else. use several different size pvc pipes, let harden and remove, then pour your accent color. in the holes. I have seen it done in both slab and loaf molds I think she varies the water concentration in the two patches to enhance the design. she has a tutorial about it on her blog

http://auntieclaras.com/blog/page/4/ water discounts as a design tool

Last edited:
View attachment 13310

I LOVE this one! It looks like it was done in a log mould but I can't figure out how they got the swirls horizontal like that. It looks almost like a funnel pour but vertical now laying on its side. The website is written in (what looks to me like) Spanish so I can't read about it! Anyway, love the colours and swirls!

This page has english translation of his course it gives you clues as to some of the techniques used. the picture here is under "tilted"

http://www.cursodejabon.com/0-ingles-contenido-3/

Latest posts

Back