Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of texture, Ive never seen a soap like this, and I just love it!

Cin%2BDee%2BRella%2BSD.jpg

Apparently she used spinach powder and parsley for the greens, and coffee grounds for the dirt. Its called GRASSLANDS OF SOUTH DAKOTA and she won a soap challenge with it

Yep, that one was posted earlier in the thread. Cin dee rella made it, if I recall, for the Soap Bar's challenge. 2nd place, after the NY skyline. This one is more original though. It's very unusual, isn't it?

I love this one too.

Screen shot 2015-02-24 at 9.12.54 PM.png

Last edited:
I believe she made a white top pouring only half way, the mat encrusted with the black batter was in the mold already. Let that set up, unmolded, then cut off the bottom with a deep toothed wave cutter, or like tool. Without removing the mat! Now it went back in the mold to be covered in black batter. Then when that set up she could unmolded and remove the mat to reveal the entire design.

That is my take on it anyways.

This is about auntie Clara's b/w soap on the soap photos thread, post #138. After studying the picture, it looks to me that the lace design is the top. Here is what I see myself doing if I were to try it. Pour the black almost half way up the mould, let it get thick and put some white, perfectly square embeds on top and then pour the white to the top, put the design mat on and pour the black. Do I know if that would work? I have no idea. I haven't even started using proper colors, only some turmeric and ground orange peel. Don't see myself doing any fancy work for some years. BTW I love this thread, the photos are very pleasing to the eye.

Last edited:
I love that metallic sheen, I bet it would be quite hard to achieve.

To get this look, just take a big, fluffy, make up brush, dip it in metallic mica, tap all the excess off, and swirl the brush over the top of the soap in circles, less mica is actually better than more. I do this just before cutting. Voila! Easier than it looks.

To get this look, just take a big, fluffy, make up brush, dip it in metallic mica, tap all the excess off, and swirl the brush over the top of the soap in circles, less mica is actually better than more. I do this just before cutting. Voila! Easier than it looks.

I get that beautiful shimmer by using these color mist sprays by Wilton.. They come in gold, silver, and pearl... You can get them everywhere (Walmart, Jo Ann's, hobby lobby, michaels, online) I spray the entire top of my loafs before cutting... But, shhhh don't tell anyone! It's a secret! ;)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KTVGRW/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
No clue other than lots of colors and working fast to do layers of tiger strips.

I have to post Cin Dee Rella's entry this month to The Soap Bar's Challenge, which is "colorful memories". I like how she thinks beyond the normal soap mold borders.

Screen shot 2015-03-19 at 9.47.36 PM.jpg

Back