dishwasher for soaping tools

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently dishwashers are one of the simpler appliances to fix on your own. There are some good YT videos dealing with that specific issue (grinding noise), which is often caused by something in the filter.
We had a repairman look at it. It needs a whole new motor and something else, can't remember what. It would cost hundreds to fix it. Might as well just buy a new one. There always comes a point when something just dies. Tech doesn't last forever.

We had a repairman look at it. It needs a whole new motor and something else, can't remember what. It would cost hundreds to fix it. Might as well just buy a new one. There always comes a point when something just dies. Tech doesn't last forever.
Yup, and unfortunately, newer stuff is not built to last. I know someone who worked in the QC dept of a major appliance manufacturer. He said they had huge rooms with all of their appliances running, so they could purposely engineer everything to die right after the warranty expired. :(

Yup, and unfortunately, newer stuff is not built to last. I know someone who worked in the QC dept of a major appliance manufacturer. He said they had huge rooms with all of their appliances running, so they could purposely engineer everything to die right after the warranty expired. :(
There used to be a time when people took pride in the quality of their product. We do. But these big corporations, I honestly think they make them to expire.

I have no problems with combining my soap making dishes with my food dishes. They are always scraped/wiped out so as not to add to any oily gunk in the dishwasher. As far as I am concerned, oils are not poisonous, and neither is lye ( it's used to make bagels and pretzels).
The fragrance sometimes does linger, but it doesn't contaminate glasses, cutlery or plates. I keep separate silicone spatulas for my soap making because I used to use the household ones, and they do absorb the FOs so end up being a bit too perfume-y for food preparation.
Same here.

There used to be a time when people took pride in the quality of their product. We do. But these big corporations, I honestly think they make them to expire.
We have not found that to be the case for any of our appliances. We have never had to replace an appliance due to “failure to operate properly.” We recently replaced our kitchen appliances because we remodeled and were in a position to purchase new ones (thank you soapmaking!). I will say our Samsung fridge was not a good appliance but it never quit working (the corners of all of the shelves cracked however).

We have not found that to be the case for any of our appliances. We have never had to replace an appliance due to “failure to operate properly.” We recently replaced our kitchen appliances because we remodeled and were in a position to purchase new ones (thank you soapmaking!). I will say our Samsung fridge was not a good appliance but it never quit working (the corners of all of the shelves cracked however).
We have

Latest posts

Back